What is the Orange Party night?

On 4/30/2024 at 1:46 PM, Navybikermom said:

Ooooh I love the second one. Decided I need it for my next cruise 😁. Just wish it had pockets. Why do they hardly ever put decent pockets in women’s clothes? 🤔

I wish I knew why! I always need a pocket for my phone 📱

On 5/4/2024 at 10:24 PM, Shmoo here said:

I've heard of the Orange night before, but we've never had one.  Now I see that Crew News says "included in all cruises NOW"  And we've not been on HAL since 2019.  Guess I need to look into what orange clothes we have for our upcoming cruise.

I’ve done some research and from, various YouTubers there seems to be an orange night on every sailing. I’m not 100% sure though since my 1st HAL cruise is in December of this year. 

Been to the "Orange Parties" and really found them crowded and somewhat boring. Really just a way for HAL to sell orange merchandise. It's a stop by event and, move on.

1 hour ago, hollyeplake said:

I wish I knew why! I always need a pocket for my phone 📱

I wore the dress to dinner on Orange Night and everyone loved it. I paired a long navy blue sweater with it. The Orange Party isn’t all that much fun but right before it was trivia with guests vs officers. They wore a bit of orange with their uniforms. It was great fun. 

I’ve been to two orange parties on two different in the last year,  both in the Rolling Stone Rock lounge,  both started at 9:30 with the start of the  band’s second set.  Lots of energy and dancing and yes it’s loud but that’s rock music right?   Elsewhere in the ship it was subdued: orange boas were seen and yes lots of orange drinks which looked like a good revenue  earner.  bowls of cheezies for next time perhaps?  I think the Orange party doesn’t really know what it wants to be….

however I had a good time at both

• Like 1