Cruising on the Carnival Jubilee

Our very first cruise was in 1985 on the Carnival Jubilee.  Cruising has changed a lot since then.  I recall filling out a questionnaire about yourself -- your work and things you like.  Carnival would use that information to try to match you up to seat you with other guests in the MDR, I'm assuming so that you would something in common to talk about.

I recall hitting golf balls off the aft, and shooting skeet off the aft.  The decks had shuffleboard and a pool... no hot tubs at that time that I recall.  While they were just beginning to introduce the Sail & Sign cards at that time, most people including myself, still used cash at the bars to pay for drinks.

Our cruise was in the Bahamas.  I recall looking down at the tiny cruise ship tied up next to us... the Jubilee was ginormous compared to that other cruise ship, towering over it by many stories.  The photo below really puts into perspective how much cruising has changed.

I also recall that Carnival did not always have a cruise each week.  When we disembarked after our 7 day cruise, there were not any passengers waiting to get on. 

Anyone else sail on Jubilee... and if so, what do you recall ? 

image.thumb.png.d3d34722fc99b6b925a3d5d9fc23eaaf.png

• Like 3

We also remember sailing on the Jubilee back in Feb 2003.  We now have the new Jubilee booked for Jan 2024.  Also remember hitting golf balls & skeet shooting from the fantail back then.  Our 2 kids back then loved spending the entire day in the kids clubs, while we're relaxing on the pool deck & occasional stints up top on the topless deck area, where there's no chair hogs up there.  Loved the midnight buffets & no-charge room service.  Our group of friends were not smokers at home, but do like to light up a few cigars while on vacations, so missed the indoor cigar lounges & opened up the entire aft end of balcony cabins / aft deck cigars smokers, including cigars under the stars events with the Captain...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Forgot about that...  This was the midnight display of all the deserts and such, correct ?  Folks would wait in line just to take photos.

I have hundreds of photos from the Midnight buffet beginning with the Mardi Gras in 1986. In years past I would pull them out and re-create a fruit/veggie sculpture for family or other special events. My watermelon pirate ship was a favorite.

• Like 3