Free cruise for refinancing

Hi all,

We just refinanaced our mortgage and received a "free" cruise at closing. It is handled through a group called Aqua Resource Group. Anyone out there ever hear anything about it? I trust the people we refinanced through but am curious about this other company.

Thanks.

Amy:confused:

My suspicions are as high as Merion's Mom for the following reason.

We took up a Lake Shore Development on an offer to come hear a promotion to buy a lot and as a gift we would get a free cruise. We went, we listened, we said no, but got the information about the cruise to file for. Yes, I said file for. It wasn't any certificate for a cruise, but we had to submit a request for date first then they would tell us the options of what was available. If none of our choises netted anything we could choose three more dates and so on. We did check further and if we had found a date, we would still have to pay the port fees and other taxes and fees that virtually tallied what a low priced cruise would go for these days so it was really no free cruise.

Just remember the old addage, if its "free" its probably to good to be true.

Archived