Is QM2 a good ship today?

lucas34

My previous Cunard cruise (QV) was in 2007. Now I'm thinking about QM2 for next summer in Europe.

Can someone tell me how QM2 (or Cunard in general) has changed since the pandemic, are there many changes/new surcharges/smaller portion sizes, etc.?

And has someone perhaps cruised in the IF inside cabin category? What is it like; is it so that there are only 2 chairs and no couch? Porthole supplement (EF) for inside cabin is as much as 485GBP/person.

I noticed that the QM2 dry dock is now in October-November, but what is the condition of the ship now?

Hello, I wrote a review on our first Transatlantic crossing on QM2, in an inside cabin. I will try to post a link below. This was in August 2022. (We are sailing again on QM2, from Hamburg to NYC in September 2023, in an inside with a window over the lobby.)

• Like 1

I was in an IF room in March (11015 to be precise) and I thought it was great. Yes, only two chairs and a table, no lounge chair. I was in it for 10 days and it certainly did the job and I wouldn't hesitate to book that room again.

20230312_142821 1.jpg

• Like 3

The big change that I noticed since Covid is that there are a lot of new staff.  I understand that this is true for all cruise lines as so many seasoned staff were out of work and had to find another way to earn a living during Covid.  The newbies needed to be trained and at first there were a lot of hiccups.  On our last QM2 crossing in June, the hiccups were fewer.