Tea from home

josephine678

1 minute ago, josephine678 said:

Hi, does NCL let you bring your own tea from home? Yes I know tons on the ship but I like a particular one that I want to be able to make in my cabin. 

Yes, but best if it in original (sealed) packaging.

Sealed dry tea should be fine.  I already packed 3 bags/sachets in my luggage in case I crave the tea I use at home while I’m away.  I’m fine with Lipton black tea when it comes down to it.  Just spoiling myself.

• Like 1

It’s also a question of customs depending on where your departing from etc. As already recommended it’s best in a sealed original packaging but also “personal quantities” aka don’t bring enough to supply a store. I haven’t sailed NCL yet but my comments are based on a lot of international travel.

If you like loose leaf tea and want it onboard I recommend bringing the fillable teabags from David’s tea (the ones with the drawstring top). Once I’ve crossed customs I’ll open my loose leaf tea and fill a bunch of tea bags. I bring a Stasher bag to hold my filled tea bags in my purse.

Also I’ll even have the barista make me a fog with my tea sometimes.

I now have a powder which is choco-chai and am going to carry it mixed with water in a little bottle. In a cup of hot water or steamed milk or even cold milk it’s my new favorite drink.

• Like 1

I bring a yeti on every cruise and pack it in my suitcase filled with my favorite tea bags. I've never been asked about it anywhere either. I traveled all over Europe last summer and collected tea bags from different airport lounges, hotels, and basically anywhere I could find it(including the Twinings store in London). I had a gallon size bag of tea in my carry on when I flew home that I continued to enjoy for weeks after my vacation. 

• Like 1

Being British I’m fussy about my tea and as much as I’m a huge fan of NCL their tea just doesn't do it for me. So I take my own, usually Yorkshire Tea Bags . I use them in the buffet and take them to O’Sheehan's and ask he waiters to use them for my Tea. They usually say “I’ll bring you hot water” and I have to explain that to make tea properly the Tea bag(s) needs to go in the pot first and the boiling water goes on top. ☺️

• Like 1