Serenade of the seas 7-29-23

1 hour ago, CruisinNole said:

We cruise on the Serenade soon and have been discourage with the negative reviews.

I wouldn't be too discouraged.  I did my first trip on Serenade (or any Radiance class for that matter) last week after mostly cruising the megaships (Oasis and Quantum) the last few years and I was quite surprised at how nice the ship was for its age and size.  I had a really great time.

My only real complaints were with the new MDR menus (relative to MDR food in the past) and MyTime Dining issues.  But that's certainly not unique to Serenade.

Obviously, reviews are subjective and YMMV but I wouldn't discourage anybody from Serenade.  I think it was a great choice for the World Cruise.  But that's just me 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, RogerDodger247 said:

I wouldn't be too discouraged.  I did my first trip on Serenade (or any Radiance class for that matter) last week after mostly cruising the megaships (Oasis and Quantum) the last few years and I was quite surprised at how nice the ship was for its age and size.  I had a really great time.

My only real complaints were with the new MDR menus (relative to MDR food in the past) and MyTime Dining issues.  But that's certainly not unique to Serenade.

Obviously, reviews are subjective and YMMV but I wouldn't discourage anybody from Serenade.  I think it was a great choice for the World Cruise.  But that's just me 🤷‍♂️

Thanks. It just surprises me to read negative reviews about a ship that's going on an around the world cruise. You'd think it would be in tip top shape. We've been on Brilliance many times and never had a complaint. I figured Serenade would be the same. As far as dining is concerned, we haven't eaten in the MDR in years. We had a bad dining experience on Allure and have dined in specialty restaurant ever since.