Drinks, Wifi, OBC Upgrade? Info?

lumofny

We booked our cruise in February of this year for April of 2024. We did not book any drink package. Our sailing is one of those effected by Ocean Cay being closed for reservations and is now a 10 day cruise from April 18 to the 28th.

MSC emailed us a copy of the modified reservation and it now shows 'drinks, wifi and obc' on the itinerary. Did they upgrade us while modifying the cruise from 7 to 10 days? I can't find any mention of this package being linked to our reservation on the MSC app or under cruise details on the MSC site or under purchases items. Should it be? Or should we just wait and see what happens once we get onboard? How do you know if you have the drink package or not?

Call, don’t mention anything to the rep, just ask for a copy of the cruise booking documents to be emailed to you. It will show you what’s included as well as the current price in case they screwed something up. Simply verify what you have and how much you owe. If the drinks and Wi-Fi are there with no price increase, be happy and speak nothing of it to no one. If there was an increase in price, then you will be at the mercy of the dreaded MSC customer service reps.

31 minutes ago, Tierun said:

Call, don’t mention anything to the rep, just ask for a copy of the cruise booking documents to be emailed to you. It will show you what’s included as well as the current price in case they screwed something up. Simply verify what you have and how much you owe. If the drinks and Wi-Fi are there with no price increase, be happy and speak nothing of it to no one. If there was an increase in price, then you will be at the mercy of the dreaded MSC customer service reps.

This is what we were emailed a few days ago, after they changed/upgraded our sailing from 7 to 10 days due to Ocean Cay being closed. I never saw drinks bring mentioned anywhere until here. I presume we somehow got it added to our booking if it is indeed now included as the payment schedule has not changed (our final payment amount is still the same.)

Screenshot_20230804-162647.png

1 hour ago, lumofny said:

This is what we were emailed a few days ago, after they changed/upgraded our sailing from 7 to 10 days due to Ocean Cay being closed. I never saw drinks bring mentioned anywhere until here. I presume we somehow got it added to our booking if it is indeed now included as the payment schedule has not changed (our final payment amount is still the same.)

Screenshot_20230804-162647.png

Look at the page that details the individual passengers' amenities. It should list Easy Plus, and Browse Wifi under each passenger and OBC under one passenger.

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Look at the page that details the individual passengers' amenities. It should list Easy Plus, and Browse Wifi under each passenger and OBC under one passenger.

There doesn't seem to be anything listed like that.

Screenshot_20230804-175008.png

1 minute ago, RandomUser123 said:

Go directly on the MSC website and login to your cruise if you have Easy Plus it will also indicate on the site as included in your booking within the cruise details tab. 

There isn't any mention of it on our cruise details on the website or the app. Only a single line on the cruise docs. When we booked they were still doing "All In Plus" however we didn't book that rate. We did get half off the second passenger and two free kids though. But since they emailed the updated docs it says Drinks/WiFi/OBC but no mention of us having it anywhere else.

Unfortunately, they applied this confusing rate code name to most bookings after the itinerary adjustments. But no, it does not mean that the amenities were added to your booking.

I had this code applied to many of my bookings in a large group and have already been down this road.

Bret

4 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Unfortunately, they applied this confusing rate code name to most bookings after the itinerary adjustments. But no, it does not mean that the amenities were added to your booking.

I had this code applied to many of my bookings in a large group and have already been down this road.

Bret

I figured as much. We don't drink but to have the option for non-alcoholic drinks would have been nice. Thanks for clearing things up!