Recommendations for transportation from LAX airport to San Pedro Hotel

laedw

23 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Does jayride.com pick you up at the LAX terminal? 

Jayride is a website that quotes other companies, it isn't a shuttle company itself.

For curbside at LAX you need a private shuttle/limo or Uber Black.

If you are mobile and not too much luggage, Uber at the LAX-it Lot is cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Bequia said:

Uber is easiest. 👍

I'd disagree. Uber is cheapest.

A shuttle curbside in the easiest, but probably more than double the cost of Uber. Uber is not easy at LAX since you have to use a shuttle to get to the Uber/taxi pick-up lot. People have to decide cost vs convenience.

46 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

A shuttle curbside in the easiest, but probably more than double the cost of Uber. Uber is not easy at LAX since you have to use a shuttle to get to the Uber/taxi pick-up lot. People have to decide cost vs convenience.

If I want to opt with convenience, is there a shuttle service you’d recommend to take us to San Pedro directly from the LAX terminal? 

54 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

We've always walked from terminal 1 to the Uber/Lyft pick up area, takes us 5 minutes, piece of cake. 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bequia said:

We've always walked from terminal 1 to the Uber/Lyft pick up area, takes us 5 minutes, piece of cake. 🙂

But most people don't fly into Terminal 1, they are in one of the other 8 terminals.

Visitors need to understand how Uber works at LAX. Blanket declarations, absent qualifiers aren't helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2023 at 1:54 PM, scottca075 said:

But most people don't fly into Terminal 1, they are in one of the other 8 terminals.

Visitors need to understand how Uber works at LAX. Blanket declarations, absent qualifiers aren't helpful.

I find the LAX-It shuttle easy to find and use.  I call for ride on the drive and driver is there by time I arrive or shortly after.   To me it is easier than the chaos at a very congested airport.   I've flown SW, Delta, Alaska, and American, so have come into multiple terminals and never had an issue.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, scottca075 said:

Uber is not easy at LAX since you have to use a shuttle to get to the Uber/taxi pick-up lot..

If you do Uber Black, they’re allowed to pick up right at the terminal. No need to track to the regular pick up area.

Thats what we did (Uber black) and it was SUPER convenient and still pretty cost effective. We were a family of 4 with a lot of luggage, so we would’ve either done an Uber XL or black, so the cost difference wasn’t that significant.

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:47 AM, Suzanne123 said:

Is it true that one cannot book an Uber Black days in advance from the airport — that you have to wait until you are on the ground to use the app?

Don’t know if it’s true or not, but we used Uber Black and booked it as we were exiting baggage claim. We had to wait maybe 4-5 minutes. There were TONS waiting nearby. 

• Like 1