QM2 Spa on Transatlantic

old fool

The 2hr thing is gone now . It is 8am to 8pm I recall.

Book @ the Spa Desk as soon as you board.

Seems the Rates are negotiable for long voyages but  cost us $199p/p for 8 night TA in May.

Thermo Pool still needs the 2018 promised Update that never happened.

I seem to be getting conflicting information????

I spoke with "Cunard" they seemed to be a bit confused but did eventually came up with "$105 for 6 days use of the Aqua Therapy Center on a TA. 

Anyone have first hand knowledge about this?

I sailed on the 21st July sailing NYC - SOU.

Prior to sailing I emailed onboard services and was quoted $99 for the 7 night sailing, but this could only be reserved whilst onboard.

On embarkation day the spa manager stated that the rate was $179 for the week. I was asked to produce the email and the $99 was honored somewhat reluctantly.

I agree there is some confusion as to what is being quoted by the Aqua Therapy Center. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 0493669935 said:

I sailed on the 21st July sailing NYC - SOU.

Prior to sailing I emailed onboard services and was quoted $99 for the 7 night sailing, but this could only be reserved whilst onboard.

On embarkation day the spa manager stated that the rate was $179 for the week. I was asked to produce the email and the $99 was honored somewhat reluctantly.

I agree there is some confusion as to what is being quoted by the Aqua Therapy Center. 

I'll email them. What is the address?

Thanks,

10 hours ago, old fool said:

I'll email them. What is the address?

Thanks,

cunardonboardservices@cunard.com  Perhaps you could let us know the outcome?

For transparency purposes, I believe the Spa should have a list of charges regarding the Aqua Therapy pass that you can actually see.

Last December, we had boatloads (sorry, couldn’t resist) of OBC and spent some of it on the spa pass. I don’t seem to have recorded the cost, but I do recall that we booked it by going to the spa on embarkation day. The offer on that day was a combination of one massage and a full-transit pass that was priced only a bit more than the pass alone. 

12 hours ago, 0493669935 said:

cunardonboardservices@cunard.com  Perhaps you could let us know the outcome?

For transparency purposes, I believe the Spa should have a list of charges regarding the Aqua Therapy pass that you can actually see.

I will let everyone know when I hear (or if I hear?) from Cunard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, old fool said:

I will let everyone know when I hear (or if I hear?) from Cunard. 

I have always found onboard services to be extremely responsive to any questions. I think they answered within 2/3 days, sometimes even faster!

• Like 1

A different follow on question.......

In November of 2022 we did the 12 day Caribbean trip and were unhappy with some of the negative changes that we found from earlier years:

The selection of available foods in both the Britannia Restaurant and Kings Court was VERY much decreased. Somebody in headquarters seemed to have slashed the grocery bill.

Have things gone back to the "good old days" or have we entered a new era?

PS Are senior officer parties gone too????

12 minutes ago, old fool said:

In November of 2022 we did the 12 day Caribbean trip and were unhappy with some of the negative changes that we found from earlier years:

The selection of available foods in both the Britannia Restaurant and Kings Court was VERY much decreased. Somebody in headquarters seemed to have slashed the grocery bill.

This was my first sailing since 2019. In truth and this is my personal opinion I found the food to be average. I love the Golden Lion pub but it is always challenging to find a table on eastbound sailings with the clock change at Noon and the menu seems to have fewer items than in past years.

The best meal I had was an Indian curry in the Kings Court; better than in Coriander. The scones in the Kings Court were excellent, lovely and warm.

On one of the Gala evenings Surf & Turf was offered; I had no issue swapping out the Surf for an additional Turf. I presumed I would have to wait some time to have this prepared but the meal arrived lovely and hot and very quickly.

I also enjoyed some of the food offerings in the Carinthia lounge and when I return on the westbound sailing later this year I will be sure to have more lunches there.

I did receive an invitation to an officers party but not sure if it was the senior officers party because I no longer attend these.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 7:44 PM, old fool said:

Did you have a response from onboard services regarding the weekly spa pass cost?

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2023 at 11:23 PM, PSAdams said:

Hi, I'm wondering if you've heard from Cunard. This is from a September programme someone posted. $99 sounds better!

Mareel09-23.png.9a3414ee24645ccf0618b3a636918827.png

this was also offered on our Queen Victoria 7 night cruise

they also had an embarkation  day special where for $40 more you got a 100 minute massage

• Thanks 1