Elite and Concierge Lounges??

dixiejen

We love the Concierge Lounge.  We did not use it as much when we had aft suites, but when we have suites on Riviera deck across the hall from Concierge Liunge we use it very often - coffee and pastry or fruit in early morning, snack at mid-afternoon and drinks and appetizers in evening.  Not to mention how nice it is to have "issues" resolved by the Concierge and not having to deal with the lines at Guest Services.  Shout out to Bradley, Concierge on Discovery for our last cruise.  He was great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Hi just looking at sky Princess for June, last ph left is 607? Thinking of switching from celebrity in a celebrity suite. Any quick advice to persuade my dh? 😁 Many thanks 

We sail both lines - on Princess in Penthouse and Owners Suites. On Celebrity - only a Sky Suite because we personally don't care for the layout of a Celebrity Suite since you can't see the ocean from the bedroom and we like to relax and watch tv on the bed.  We booked a CS the first time on X and when DH and I looked at a video of the cabin, he immediately said change that room as it feels smaller than an interior since the bedroom is enclosed. We prefer a more open floor plan so the Princess PH meets our needs more and we like the bathroom too since it has 2 sinks and a walk-in shower.  You will be giving up Luminae; however, we did have excellent service in Club Class dining or I believe they call it the Reserve now. You won't have a butler, but the Concierge Lounge is nice and close to grab coffee, sodas, water, snacks and a happy hour whereas the Retreat is always on another floor and further away. You also get unlimited laundry that is picked up daily (don't send delicates as it can be harsh on them) and there is a laundry room several doors down if you like to manage your own washing.  We sailed the Sky in May; however, we're on the X Reflection next month on B2B Mediterranean sailings.  Yet, we're back to Princess in Jan in a PH on the Enchanted then over to RCCL (owners suite - great open plan).  We flip flop around.  

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

Thank you that’s most comprehensive. Also thinking of cancelling & getting a SV instead. Money we save can do a speciality restaurants as well as another cruise 😁 

Ive wanted to try Princess for a while I have to say. 

Thank you very much :))

16 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

Thank you that’s most comprehensive. Also thinking of cancelling & getting a SV instead. Money we save can do a speciality restaurants as well as another cruise 😁 

Ive wanted to try Princess for a while I have to say. 

Thank you very much :))

You're welcome. I forgot to mention a few other things: free specialty dinner on embarkation night only (reservations can't be made until on board), there is breakfast dining for full suites only in Sabatini's restaurant every morning with complimentary mimosas, a complimentary mini-bar set up (sodas, water, beer, mini liquour bottles) which can be exchanged for 1 bottle of wine or all water/sodas - beer/liquour can be exchanged for other alcohol, but waters/sodas can't be changed for alcohol.  What is a SV?

Edited by shirazcruiser

Thank you. Would you say it’s almost as good a suite experience on Princess as celebrity? 

SV is a sunset veranda (regular cabin) on celebrity as I’ve mentioned changing over to dh but he’s reluctant. Mr creature of habit :))

CS is just so much money  and things have changed from when we initially booked. The Princess cruise is a much more viable option Money wise. 

you have been very helpful. I feel we need to branch out but he’s a tad reluctant. 🤷🏻‍♀️

10 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

Thank you. Would you say it’s almost as good a suite experience on Princess as celebrity? 

SV is a sunset veranda (regular cabin) on celebrity as I’ve mentioned changing over to dh but he’s reluctant. Mr creature of habit :))

CS is just so much money  and things have changed from when we initially booked. The Princess cruise is a much more viable option Money wise. 

you have been very helpful. I feel we need to branch out but he’s a tad reluctant. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think the suite experience on both lines as well as RCCL are good and each has different positive points.  It's really what you're looking for. There are multiple threads complaining about Celebrity's price increase and the Sky Suite no longer has a dedicated Butler, but a "Retreat Butler Team".  

8 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Hi just looking at sky Princess for June, last ph left is 607? Thinking of switching from celebrity in a celebrity suite. Any quick advice to persuade my dh? 😁 Many thanks 

For us Princess wins the suites, but not for the reasons that people might think. We are simple folk and easy to please, so we prefer to NOT have the butler service, and just really enjoy the extra open space of the Riviera Deck side facing PH suites, like the one that you have booked. We also love the Concierge Lounge. The staff is amazing, and, especially if the ship is full and bustling, it's a great oasis of peace to relax and escape.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

For us Princess wins the suites, but not for the reasons that people might think. We are simple folk and easy to please, so we prefer to NOT have the butler service, and just really enjoy the extra open space of the Riviera Deck side facing PH suites, like the one that you have booked. We also love the Concierge Lounge. The staff is amazing, and, especially if the ship is full and bustling, it's a great oasis of peace to relax and escape.

Just so people know the concierge lounge only exists on Royal class ships. We usually sail on grand class we don’t get that. However we really only used it to get res in the morning or get help with specialty  restaurants reservations

10 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

We have been sailing in suites lately but never on a Royal class ship.  It would be nice if the other ships had a concierge, not necessarily a separate lounge but at least a person to assist.

There have been rumors from some concierges that at some point the event manager (used to be loyalty) would step into that role but I have not seen it yet

• Thanks 1

Oh my goodness thank you so much everyone. CC posters really do help. I agree about the butler, it can get intrusive at times. 

Well I’ve spoken to an agent, spoken to dh & he doesn’t want to change the cruise 😬

But I’m now armed with information I didn’t have before so I’ll definitely be more open to comparing and contrasting in the future! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Oh my goodness thank you so much everyone. CC posters really do help. I agree about the butler, it can get intrusive at times. 

Another difference when you book a Celebrity suite you get wi-fi, tips, OBC and premium beverage package. You get nothing with Princess unless you purchase the Plus or Premium package on top of the cruise price.  

• Thanks 1