Coco Cay Waterpark price...$160????!!!!!

fsuwx

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

No free slides, unfortunately. Lots of free options for other stuff--chairs/umbrellas, pool, beaches, food, hammocks, volleyball--but not slides.

Guess we gotta drop a few more dollars. Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, true_grit said:

I haven't been on Royal in years....I still tendered to CocoCay the last time I was there.  My son is seven and a water park fanatic. We are accepting of paying the $160! But he also needs shade due to a genetic condition. 

Debating between a Waterpark cabana at $1399 which would include the tickets for the three of us, or a beach bed at chill island or south beach for $349 plus the cost of tickets. We're good walkers but wouldn't want to be more than five minutes from the Waterpark. I would like to see the ocean at some point, but don't need to swim in it.

Does anyone know how far either beach bed is from the Waterpark? Can you see the water from a Waterpark cabana? Any other advice? Getting off early and staking out a free spot in shade isn't an option for us,  unfortunately. 

Yes you can definitely see the waterpark from a waterpark cabana as you're in the waterpark. Our cabana was #50 just a few steps from the big slide. We had a perfect location for our grandkids and it was well worth the $'s.

10 hours ago, true_grit said:

I would like to see the ocean at some point, but don't need to swim in it.

Can you see the water from a Waterpark cabana? 

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes you can definitely see the waterpark from a waterpark cabana as you're in the waterpark. Our cabana was #50 just a few steps from the big slide. We had a perfect location for our grandkids and it was well worth the $'s.

As I read it, this question is in reference to seeing the ocean, not the water park. If that's the case, then unfortunately not. Granted, I haven't seen every single cabana in the water park, so it's possible that one of them has a sliver of a view from just the right angle--but as I recall, they face inwards rather than outwards (ocean facing). I wouldn't plan on an ocean view to speak of. 

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

As I read it, this question is in reference to seeing the ocean, not the water park. If that's the case, then unfortunately not. Granted, I haven't seen every single cabana in the water park, so it's possible that one of them has a sliver of a view from just the right angle--but as I recall, they face inwards rather than outwards (ocean facing). I wouldn't plan on an ocean view to speak of. 

I guess we read it differently...no big deal.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:04 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

On 8/12/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ashland said:

Thank you both! Each answer helped and made the decision harder lol. I think we will have fun either way.  Do either of you (or anyone) tenderness how long of a walk it is from Chill Island or South Beach to the Waterpark?

On 8/15/2023 at 6:38 PM, true_grit said:

I think we will have fun either way.  Do either of you (or anyone) tenderness how long of a walk it is from Chill Island or South Beach to the Waterpark?

Unfortunately, I haven't really paid attention ... if I were to guess, I would say between five and ten minutes, with Chill Island being slightly closer to the water park entrance.  At any rate, I absolutely agree--you will have fun either way! 😊

Once the water park went over what it would cost me for a ticket and all day dining at a theme park around here we quit buying them. Right now, I can pick up a ticket with all day dining at Adventure Island (Tampa) or Aquatica (Orlando) for around $65. Add in the $20 for a souvenir cup that comes with free refills all day, it's a much better deal than the water park at Coco Cay. That buys me all the food and drinks I want, 9+ hours at the park, and three times as many attractions.

RC has officially out-priced Florida's notoriously overpriced theme parks 🤪

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 8:47 AM, Falling_down said:

...RC has officially out-priced Florida's notoriously overpriced theme parks 🤪

Or Great Wolf Lodge.  Assuming that multiple people would buy the waterpark tickets, even booking a night or two in the middle of winter at a Great Wolf Lodge would be cheaper.   Then you'd have a hotel room, and indoor water slides.  

Or season tickets to a water park if you live somewhere with those.  

• Like 1

Prices are insane on our sailing. We are on the Odyssey in April 2024 and the water park is $188.99 a person... not to mention the day beds which used to be $199 are now $399 in our sailing. Coco beach club is $302.99 a person!!! I'm mostly upset on the day beds. We loved to get a bed just to relax and have a bit of privacy but at $400 they can stick it. We've never done the water park or coco beach club and wanted to do it this cruise, but at those prices, definitely NOT. Royal Caribbean is going crazy with these prices. I'll wait until Black Friday to see if they lower but I'm not holding my breath. We love RCL but at these prices, we might have to start looking at other cruise lines.

35 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

Prices are insane on our sailing. We are on the Odyssey in April 2024 and the water park is $188.99 a person... not to mention the day beds which used to be $199 are now $399 in our sailing. Coco beach club is $302.99 a person!!! I'm mostly upset on the day beds. We loved to get a bed just to relax and have a bit of privacy but at $400 they can stick it. We've never done the water park or coco beach club and wanted to do it this cruise, but at those prices, definitely NOT. Royal Caribbean is going crazy with these prices. I'll wait until Black Friday to see if they lower but I'm not holding my breath. We love RCL but at these prices, we might have to start looking at other cruise lines.

Prices are not insane when they are still selling out every sailing. Thousands of other people are still paying those prices. You can look at other lines all you want, they are all going up in price and cutting back service as well

11 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Prices are not insane when they are still selling out every sailing. Thousands of other people are still paying those prices. You can look at other lines all you want, they are all going up in price and cutting back service as well

Yeah well just because thousands of people are buying $10 million homes, doesn't make it less expensive. I know people will still pay those prices, I'm not dumb. It still doesn't take away from the fact that these prices are really insane. I'm not the only one that thinks that. With prices continuing to rise, in a few years, cruising will be only for the super rich. NCL at least includes wifi, drinks, gratuity in their prices. We checked a cruise on NCL in the same time as the one we are taking with similar ports and a new ship and we were going to be saving quite a lot. Yeah it's hard to compare apples to oranges but if people are looking to spend money, they will go where the deals are. It's too late for us to switch but my point is, a lot of cruiselines price points are looking a bit more fair than RCL... and yeah RCL will still sell out, they will still make their money, but they will be losing some great customers in the future if the prices keep going up like this. Cruising has never been cheap but all we are looking for are fair prices.