Another Norwegian Bliss balcony question

drpclarke

Hi everyone!

Looking at balcony cabins on the Norwegian Bliss - and want to avoid the cabins with bunk beds.

I went on this page https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/staterooms/Balcony to look at the various balcony plans, and the same pic is posted for all of them. Am I to believe that there are no bunk beds in any cabins? It looks like all of them have a sofa bed instead.

Thanks!

Rachel

If you are referring to the pullman bunks that come down from the ceiling, those are only in balcony cabins that accommodate 4 passengers. These are often denoted as "family" balcony staterooms, though you can check the deck plans to confirm. If you *absolutely* do not want a pullman bed, then look for balcony rooms that accommodate 3 passengers.

As a note, though -- the bunks store away flush into the ceiling and would only come down if you asked your room steward to lower it. If I were traveling with 2 or 3 people in a cabin, I wouldn't necessarily avoid one of those rooms. With the exception of the metal rectangle on the ceiling, you would never know that the extra bed was there.

32 minutes ago, drpclarke said:

Looking at balcony cabins on the Norwegian Bliss - and want to avoid the cabins with bunk beds

Based on your previous post, you are a group of 4. If the objective is for the sleeping arrangements to be 2+2 (sleeping in pairs), I believe that the Standard balcony and Club Balcony staterooms won't work. You can move up to some of the Haven suites that have guests 3&4 sleep in a double sofa bed or move down to some of the Oceanview staterooms that also have a double sofa bed....

FamilyOceanview-full-2.jpg

...and a curtain to separate the sleeping areas. Haven suites have a door (or 2) for separation. 

46 minutes ago, drpclarke said:

I went on this page https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/staterooms/Balcony to look at the various balcony plans, and the same pic is posted for all of them.

NCL will often use the same rendering for different stateroom types and configurations. Sometimes, the stateroom has the bed near the balcony. Sometimes, the stateroom has the bed near the closet. Sometimes, the stateroom sleeps 3. Sometimes, the stateroom sleeps 4. NCL uses the same rendering for all of them. 

38 minutes ago, drpclarke said:

Am I to believe that there are no bunk beds in any cabins? It looks like all of them have a sofa bed instead.

There is a sofa that converts into a bed (for 1) in nearly all of the balcony and Club balcony staterooms. Guest #4 (if there is one) sleeps in the Pullman bed that drops down from the ceiling. 

What sleeping arrangements are you looking for?

2+2?

2+1+1?

1+1+1+1? 

• Like 2