Iona - A few questions

Selbourne

24 minutes ago, ParisHilton said:

Given that they have a completely captive audience with onboard credit to burn. I'm surprised they don't charge even more than that!

I know we only buy if there are definitely no other options to spend the OBC on. Would rather spend it on leisurely breakfast in the Keel and Cow or yet another bottle of perfume 

7 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

I know we only buy if there are definitely no other options to spend the OBC on. Would rather spend it on leisurely breakfast in the Keel and Cow or yet another bottle of perfume 

I'm fasting 8pm till midday so no breakfast for me. Though I may 'holiday' a bit and have a few drinks after 8pm.  I doubt the rest of the family will be up for breakfast.  Not sure we have enough credit for a bottle of massively overpriced perfume either.....   Though I do like your thinking.

A bar of Milka chocolate was £5.25.  Bag of Haribos (big bag admittedly) was £6.00.

Paris Hilton if you refer back to ICF's live from Iona thread he listed lots of sweet and chocolate prices. 

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Despite sailing on Arvia twice, and Iona once, we've never attended the cinema.

Do you recall if, on the seat map screen, it allows you to select a wheelchair bay and adjacent seat, or are they greyed out?

If I recall rightly you could choose a wheelchair space and the end seat was for a companion.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The funny thing about Arvia's cinemas was people thoughtthey should queue - so used to it everywhere else - but actually the system was good as you didn’t need to queue. Pick a fiom, go to the door of the screen showing it and press a button on the screen.  This showed availability of all seats and you selected from there and proceeded straight in.

On Iona you didn't need to select any seats on the screen outside, as the screen just automatically showed a seat was occupied if someone was sat in one, so just identify that there were at least a couple of seats free and head on in.

11 hours ago, ParisHilton said:

I find cinema prices insane , especially as they no longer seem to care if you bring in sweets from elsewhere.

Cinemas haven't cared for at least 20 years if you brought in sweets and drinks from outside, and the only thing you are not permitted to bring in is alcohol or hot food - just have a look at the T&Cs on their website.

The seat selection facility didn’t work on the Iona earlier this year: and it was pot luck on if you got a seat or not. Some showings you could walk in as it was starting and find 4 seats together free, other times you could go half an hour before it started and would be lucky to find any single spare seats.