QE Alaska Review From A First Time Cunard Cruiser

ceilidh1

21 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

So easy you just open your mouth and politely bring it up with say the Head Waiter or F&BM that is why we travel Cunard, they listen and act!

We did bring up our concerns. For example, we spoke with the Assistant F&B Manager about our concerns and his response was “Really? That can’t be.”

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Ports

Ports on this ship were the usual Alaska ones - Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, Sitka and Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. We had been to all multiple times so just roamed around. In Alaska we went to our fave places - The Asylum and Jellyfish Donuts, in Skagway we got caught in a torrential downpour, in Juneau we just walked through town, and in Sitka we went to our fave thriftstore. We got closer to the glaciers in Glacier Bay than I have been in many years, so that was pretty cool! I feel guilty being so ambivalent about ports that many experience as a "once in a lifetime" thing - I really am spoiled. Also of note is that we saw whales from the ship several times, many eagles, otters, and a bear off in the distance. Once again, I am spoiled - these sightings are a daily occurrence where I live...

Can you please tell me your fave thriftstore in Sitka?  My husband hates shopping but we both enjoy browsing thrift stores in places we visit.  An interesting way to get to know a new area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ginny123 said:

Can you please tell me your fave thriftstore in Sitka?  My husband hates shopping but we both enjoy browsing thrift stores in places we visit.  An interesting way to get to know a new area. 

When you get off the free shuttle from the ship it’s literally the first store you see! I’m not sure of the name but you can’t miss it!

• Like 1