problems booking dining time

lssg

I too had a problem selecting the same time every evening but worked around it by booking each individual day for the same time one at a time. Time consuming, but no more so than trying to call the help center. 

As soon as I get seated at a reasonable table (I'm not too picky), I ask the head waiter or the ladies at the entry desk to make it permanent for the duration. 

• 9 months later...

I paid in full my Princess cruise. I can see my wife and myself on the APP. It lets me schedule trips in each port, but will not allow me to reserve a dining time. Three separate calls to Princess for help gets me nowhere. I have been told to reserve once aboard. But getting good times might be hard then. Last time I book on Princess. 

3 hours ago, iismike724 said:

I paid in full my Princess cruise. I can see my wife and myself on the APP. It lets me schedule trips in each port, but will not allow me to reserve a dining time. Three separate calls to Princess for help gets me nowhere. I have been told to reserve once aboard. But getting good times might be hard then. Last time I book on Princess. 

When is your cruise? Cruises after Sept 14 are now not able to book dining in MDR till after June 17.

• Like 1

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime 

To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that you may have already made will be cancelled. 

This change does not affect anyone booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required. 

Starting June 17, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms.

* Reservable and Walk-in Anytime Dining will be combined into a single Main Dining Room location aboard Coral Princess and Island Princess.

3 hours ago, iismike724 said:

Sadly too many Princess reps are inexperienced & are poorly trained now that Princess has decided to cut costs by hiring offshore call center reps.