Travelers with Argentine passport

mina518

This is a bit complicated but maybe some can help me find the answer.  I have family that are residents of Spain. They plan on cruising out of Barcelona on a mediterranean cruise (france, italy, spain) in August of 2024. One of the travelers has an Argentine passport.  How do I confirm if they need to apply for a visa or ETIAS to be able to get off the ship in the ports of call? If they do not get a visa or Etias can they still cruise but not get off the ship? I'm trying to gather all the information before booking the cruise for my family. 

Thank you

😊

35 minutes ago, mina518 said:

This is a bit complicated but maybe some can help me find the answer.  I have family that are residents of Spain. They plan on cruising out of Barcelona on a mediterranean cruise (france, italy, spain) in August of 2024. One of the travelers has an Argentine passport.  How do I confirm if they need to apply for a visa or ETIAS to be able to get off the ship in the ports of call? If they do not get a visa or Etias can they still cruise but not get off the ship? I'm trying to gather all the information before booking the cruise for my family. 

Thank you

😊

No visa required, but ETIAS needed when they become a general requirement. https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/etias/argentinian-citizens/

Once ETIAS has come into force, then they won't get into Spain (or any Schengen country) in order to join the ship in Barcelona, without one.

Thank you for your information. It's helpful. They currently live in Spain and are residents there but I'm wondering when ETIAS will become effective in 2024.  I read somewhere else that it would be November 2024.  

1 hour ago, mina518 said:

Thank you for your information. It's helpful. They currently live in Spain and are residents there but I'm wondering when ETIAS will become effective in 2024.  I read somewhere else that it would be November 2024.  

I do not think anyone has a definite start date

just keep checking  in 2024

https://travel-europe.europa.eu/etias/news-corner_en

https://travel-europe.europa.eu/etias_en

31 minutes ago, hallasm said:

If they are residents in Spain they can take any cruise from Spain within Schengen Area without Visa or ETIAS.  Not a problem at all.

you are correct. I just confirmed that. Thank you for commenting.  Now to arrange mobility scooters and car service from airport to hotel in Barcelona 

• Thanks 1