Meraviglia at Ocean Cay…..which side of ship faces the island?

JUSRN

On 8/12/2023 at 3:40 PM, rikitikitavii said:

We’ve been to OC 5 times, all have been starboard.

Yes the even side or Starboard is almost always the side to the pier/island but it is not 100% guaranteed. Ship operational issues, maybe they need to patch or paint something on the port side or weather issue (though they have a tug there permanently to assist ) the Master may have the Port side to the pier.

The officer on the bridge during the bridge tour, which happens when the ship is in port not underway, gave that answer.  

Concur with what others have posted and just booked starboard on the Divina for April. Just wanted to add in some fun facts if you're into this sort of thing...on the Seashore, we went into the channel and turned around, then docked. Last April on the Meraviglia, the Captain turned the ship around outside of the channel and backed us all the way in. I thought it was pretty exciting to watch! I'm a geek, I know 🙃

16 minutes ago, psmarkle said:

Last April on the Meraviglia, the Captain turned the ship around outside of the channel and backed us all the way in. I thought it was pretty exciting to watch! I'm a geek, I know 🙃

Geek here as well!  You said April on Meraviglia.  You must have had Captain Giuseppi Gazzano, the Sydney Greenstreet twin!  We were on in March, and he did the same maneuvering that cruise.  We meant him a few years ago on Carnival.  Very outgoing.  He mentioned how he still likes to maintain control over a ship's movement as he is, "Hands on!"image.png.bcbcff37818419a15265f2f68bfbb668.png

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

Geek here as well!  You said April on Meraviglia.  You must have had Captain Giuseppi Gazzano, the Sydney Greenstreet twin!  We were on in March, and he did the same maneuvering that cruise.  We meant him a few years ago on Carnival.  Very outgoing.  He mentioned how he still likes to maintain control over a ship's movement as he is, "Hands on!"image.png.bcbcff37818419a15265f2f68bfbb668.png

That's him all right!

• Like 1