Royal Caribbean Visa

I signed up for the RC visa while on my last cruise. 

if I redeem points to use as cruise payment, that’s no problem if using a travel agent, right?

and if I redeem them for OBC, will they appear in advance so I can use to book excursions and whatnot? Or will they not appear until I’m on the ship?

Yes to the second question.  As to the first question not sure.  If your TA is giving you OBC it is usually based on the price that you are paying which will be reduced if you use the points for $$ off the cruise fare.  They then might give you less OBC

2 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

if I redeem points to use as cruise payment, that’s no problem if using a travel agent, right?

It shouldn't be.  (I just did this, 125k points for 2.5k off)  I only use the $2,500.00 off the cruise offer, and almost always use a TA.

A couple things to keep in mind.  The money off is not just a straight dollars off your cruise price.  It doesn't include things like taxes and fees for example.  It's also based on a price, balcony, for example.  For me this means I have never gotten the full 2.5 k off.  I'll usually get close, a recent redemption was $2,320.00 off.

They have also changed when they apply the discount.  It used to happen at once.  (or within a short time frame)  Now it happens one week before.  Problem in my case TA wanted their money early.  Had to call RCI, and they did apply the payment, but they were not willing to commit to doing so.  Anyway, it was a pain I didn't need.

I still think the cruise discount is the best value, but, I'm very close to ditching the card.  There are better cards for rewards.  I only use the card for RCI purchases and this effectively nets me 4 points per dollar.

Yes, you can go onto the credit card website, sign in and apply the points to the reservation however you like (towards cruise, OBC etc.). I would just make sure you do it sooner rather than later as it can take several weeks. Also, I would alert your TA so they can keep an eye out for it. I just did this and as final payment approached had to call RCCL with TA to have them make sure it was credited as it wasn't showing on the TA website.