2024 European and Med Cruises

laudergayle

When checking on NCL cruises in Europe in 2024 i also found out that they do have many itineraries with different starting and ending point and not so many round trips.

These itineraries might be sort of unusual and interesting but due to the different starting and ending points for me NCL are practically out of the race.

It simply makes getting to and from the ship way more complicated and way more expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

It simply makes getting to and from the ship way more complicated and way more expensive.

Not necessarily so.  I often find multi-leg air fare just as cheap, if not cheaper!  We fly into one city, spend several days there, then take local cheap airlines or train (very easy even when traveling with DH who has mobility issues) to cruise port.  At the end of cruise sometimes we even go onto another city or two prior to flying home.  In using multi-leg flights I get to see a lot more and don't have to back track to original airport.  When we cruised Norway several years ago, we flew into Copenhagen, at the end of the cruise we took one of the cheaper local airlines for a flight to Frankfurt, spent a couple of weeks touring and visiting with friends, and finally flew home from Frankfurt.  This year we flew into Florence (great little airport!) for a week, then took train to Venice for a week, and then back on the train for a week in Rome before the cruise.  After the cruise we flew home from FCO.  The airfare flying into Florence and back from FCO was cheaper than roundtrip to just FCO!  (I believe the taxes for Florence are less.)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Girr said:

Not necessarily so.  I often find multi-leg air fare just as cheap, if not cheaper!

that works for trans atlantic flights quite often,right.(i also did it on my trips to the US once or twice)

But not within Europe. 😉

e.g. Frankfurt to A and back from B to Frankfurt is almost always way more expensive then 

Frankfurt -A - Frankfurt

NCL is also not a help at all cause for most of these cruises they don`t even offer any flight package for European customers (e.g. from Germany).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1