Would you try to upgrade this Aurea Suite to Yacht Club on MSC World Europa?

Stockjock

On an upcoming sailing on World Europa, we snagged a nice deal on this Aurea Suite.  It's got a separate bedroom, is nearly 300 sq. ft. (28 sq. meters) and the balcony is also large at about 100 sq. ft. (9 sq. meters).  It's one of those suites towards the back of the ship that faces other cabins across the promenade, but also has a little bit of a water view.  The price has risen a lot since we booked it.  We also booked it w/the EasyPlus drink package and Trilogy dining (3 specialty restaurants), plus we'll get a 4th special restaurant, as we're both diamond level.

At some point, they'll likely offer us the "opportunity" to pay for an upgrade, if available.  No idea what the price differential would be between this suite and YC, but let me know if you have some idea as to a best guess.

Generally, I'm pretty happy w/this suite, although it's not perfect due to having cabins across from us.  But overall, I like it.

That said, we haven't tried Yacht Club (GF would never do an inside cabin, fwiw).  So if you were in my shoes, would you bid on YC, or be happy with what you have?

Here's a virtual tour of the cabin.  Click on the door to enter the bedroom, and from the bedroom, the same to enter the living room.
https://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/msc-world-class/4LBC-suite-aurea-with-promenade-view/en-gl/index.html

Edited by Stockjock

The suite is gorgeous but I would take Yacht Club if price is right. The service is great and its just so calm and relaxing there. Better food too. Also personally I would not want a balcony facing others but thats personal preference.

• Like 1

I would keep an eye on what it would cost to book YC now.  Keep checking.  And if you get the invite, decide what it might be worth to you to be in the YC with less space but different ambiance.  And it’s only a bargain if the bid you are comfortable, if accepted, would still be less than if you had booked it outright.  EM

• Like 2