Wonder of the Seas Splash Zone

I just read that the splash zone for babies and toddlers is restricted to a small area on some ships but wasn't sure if this is true for all of Royal's ships that have a splash zone. We're going on Wonder of the Seas in September, and my son and daughter-in-law have a 2 1/2 and 1 year old who are both still in diapers. I know the 2 1/2 yo will especially have a hard time not going in the pool, because she loves swimming and is learning how to swim. They have been counting on the splash zone to keep them happy.  

Does anyone know if Wonder only has a small splash zone for babies and toddlers who are still in diapers or is it a larger area they will be able to access?

TIA

From the website:
Q

Are children in diapers allowed in the onboard pools?

A

Due to public health regulations, children that are in diapers or not 100% toilet trained may only use Baby Splash facilities on board. These are only available on the following ships: Adventure, Allure, Anthem, Freedom, Harmony, Independence, Liberty, Oasis, Ovation, Odyssey, Quantum, Spectrum, Symphony and Wonder. 

• That was not my question. I know that babies and toddlers in diapers are not allowed in the pools, and I do know that Wonder has a splash zone. I just want to know if they will be restricted to a small area of the splash zone like some of the other ships or if Wonder has a larger zone for the babies/toddlers in diapers.
  •  

3 minutes ago, Theresa72 said:

I just want to know if they will be restricted to a small area of the splash zone like some of the other ships or if Wonder has a larger zone for the babies/toddlers in diapers.

Can’t say I paid much attention to the splash zone in June but I doubt the diaper area is much bigger than on other ships.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Theresa72 said:
  • That was not my question. I know that babies and toddlers in diapers are not allowed in the pools, and I do know that Wonder has a splash zone. I just want to know if they will be restricted to a small area of the splash zone like some of the other ships or if Wonder has a larger zone for the babies/toddlers in diapers.
  •  

From google 

https://www.momsatsea.com/moms-at-sea-blog/2022/2/10/wonder-of-the-seas-splashaway-bay

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Can’t say I paid much attention to the splash zone in June but I doubt the diaper area is much bigger than on other ships.

We've been on Disney Fantasy twice now and it wasn't a very big area, so it's probably about the same on Royal.

Thank you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

That is the whole area - NOT the diaper zone! That is just a cut off - small area!

Yes, I read the article and am aware that the whole area is not for the babies and toddlers. I saw the 2 areas, the one for diaper zone and the other for the older kids. It was just larger than I expected for the littles and I didn't expect a slide like that.

Edited by Theresa72

5 hours ago, Theresa72 said:

I just read that the splash zone for babies and toddlers is restricted to a small area on some ships but wasn't sure if this is true for all of Royal's ships that have a splash zone. We're going on Wonder of the Seas in September, and my son and daughter-in-law have a 2 1/2 and 1 year old who are both still in diapers. I know the 2 1/2 yo will especially have a hard time not going in the pool, because she loves swimming and is learning how to swim. They have been counting on the splash zone to keep them happy.  

Does anyone know if Wonder only has a small splash zone for babies and toddlers who are still in diapers or is it a larger area they will be able to access?

TIA

The Wonder splash area for diapered children is fantastic.  My 3 yr old grandson and 1 year old granddaughter loved it!  It has a small playground with two slides and other fun water stuff.  It’s the largest one I’ve seen on a ship, although it is my first cruise with young children so of course I noticed it more.  You will have a wonderful time!!  P.S. not sure when you are going but in the summer the deck can get very hot so you will want some shoes for them or carry them to and from the splash area.  Have fun!  (I see you said September.  You might still want shoes for the 2 1/2 year old at least)

Edited by ksp819