Hotels Tokyo precruise

Trophy199

• 1 month later...

Welcome to CC.

A few things first where are you flying to, Narita or Haneda, if you can choose book definitely Haneda its much nearer Tokyo.

Where will your ship (which one and when) depart from Tokyo or 

Yokohama and where will you stay before boarding.

For airport to hotel in Tokyo we use the Limousine bus (its more of a coach) its convenient, luggage loaded underneath sit back and relax.

https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/

If you have already booked your cruise I suggest you join the roll call using the ‘find your roll call’ at the top of the CC. There you will hopefully find tips from your fellow cruisers.

For hotel to cruise ship this depends on all of the above and where you have decided to stay.

I suggest you do a bit more research first about the above and after making a few of the decisions maybe return here for some more tips.

Happy planning

Rosalyn

Aside from 2 International Airports, Metro Tokyo has 6 International Cruise Terminals; 4 in Tokyo and 2 in Yokohama.

Once you have determined which airport you are flying into and which Cruise Terminal you are sailing out of, come back and ask your questions again. 

Another issue is how many days you plan to stay in Tokyo?  With only one night, we would suggest staying somewhere near the cruise port (as Brucemuzz points out, there are multiple ports).   For one pre-cruise night we would suggest staying relatively close to the port (such as Yokohama if you are embarking at that port).  With more than 1 night, we think one needs to give more consideration to where in the Tokyo area best suits you wants/needs.  

My suggestion to the OP (besides agreeing with Brucemuzz's post) is to extend your pre-cruise visit as much as possible.  For example, on our recent cruise (from Yokohama) we spent 11 pre-cruise days in Japan and split our stays between Tokyo and Kyoto!  I would have been delighted to spend many more weeks in Japan...but there are limits :).  It is an amazing country to visit and land time gives one many opportunities not enjoyed by folks who rely on cruise days.

Hank

On 10/14/2023 at 8:47 AM, cruiseaholic78 said:

Welcome to CC.

A few things first where are you flying to, Narita or Haneda, if you can choose book definitely Haneda its much nearer Tokyo.

Where will your ship (which one and when) depart from Tokyo or 

Yokohama and where will you stay before boarding.

For airport to hotel in Tokyo we use the Limousine bus (its more of a coach) its convenient, luggage loaded underneath sit back and relax.

https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/

If you have already booked your cruise I suggest you join the roll call using the ‘find your roll call’ at the top of the CC. There you will hopefully find tips from your fellow cruisers.

For hotel to cruise ship this depends on all of the above and where you have decided to stay.

I suggest you do a bit more research first about the above and after making a few of the decisions maybe return here for some more tips.

Happy planning

Rosalyn

Do I have to book the airport limosine bus in advance or can I purchase a ticket when we arrive by plane?