An encore cruise on the Encore August 27-September 3 2023. A live trip report!

justhappy

36 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

duberville:   we also on Oct 15th sailing , last minute for us also, well actually booked in August, so hoping for a not at capacity sailing!!!!  Price so right and we can drive to Port

Oh lovely that you can drive to port! We are flying in from the East coast. Our original plans were to visit my brother who lives in Victoria. Circumstances changed and we were left with “oh dear, what to do, what to do”? Found this cruise! Now I’m getting excited about visiting Alaska. (Will be taking the ferry over to Victoria after the cruise)  🙂 But yes agreed - I so appreciate these trip reports! 

@justhappy thank you for this live trip report!  We are going on this exact cruise in 11 long months.  I am so excited for this one as my 14-yo twins have never been to Alaska.  They specifically requested that our next cruise be on the Encore after watching the shipboard promotional videos on our recent cruise on the Jade.  They are excited about the VR gaming and racetrack; I am excited about seeing glaciers again.  😄

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 3:24 PM, azappraiser said:

@justhappy Loving your posts and pics.  We're not sailing for quite a while, but your thread is enough to curb my appetite for now.

Would you mind posting a pic of the "Disembark" letters/paperwork... I haven't been able to find anything online regarding them for NCL Encore, Alaska.  Just curious.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

So sorry it took me longer than expected to get these posted. It’s been a whirlwind since we got off the ship.

I hope they are useful to you.IMG_5183.thumb.jpeg.60c75d554eca4a7d0438626960756c41.jpegIMG_5184.thumb.jpeg.18b1740d119643f2a1545212b74e482d.jpegIMG_5185.thumb.jpeg.e31021240a70e87e92d2d62339d0455a.jpeg

17 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Thank you for your great trip report, read every word.  We are on the Encore Oct 15, so hoping our cruise as great as yours.  Our daughter lives in Colorado, hope you have a good get-together with yours in Denver!

I hope you have an awesome cruise!

We did meet our daughter, son in law and grandson for dinner and it was a short but sweet night.

We’ll see them again at Thanksgiving.❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justhappy said:

So sorry it took me longer than expected to get these posted. It’s been a whirlwind since we got off the ship.

I hope they are useful to you.IMG_5183.thumb.jpeg.60c75d554eca4a7d0438626960756c41.jpegIMG_5184.thumb.jpeg.18b1740d119643f2a1545212b74e482d.jpegIMG_5185.thumb.jpeg.e31021240a70e87e92d2d62339d0455a.jpeg

Thank you, thank you, thank you... exactly what I wanted to see.  20-yrs Air Force and former Real Estate Appraiser, and don't forget boy scout; I plan ahead.

Again, thank you.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2023 at 5:15 PM, justhappy said:

We continued to downtown and slowly walked by the Marina. This is the second year in a row that the Classic Boats were there. So many beautiful wooden classics, I’d have loved to be able to see the interiors.

IMG_5169.thumb.jpeg.54b3c0ec6faa98ba5e37e86c403e77b5.jpegIMG_5172.thumb.jpeg.9bf1247022ee73f7b489ca4adab2fa63.jpegIMG_5171.thumb.jpeg.9b000e818ef9fd371e63d12d1b7addbf.jpegIMG_5170.thumb.jpeg.2d16da787de4ebc764bf15ab85b12ff8.jpegIMG_5166.thumb.jpeg.fc61a1f09e3b69e90f9e7313ce04ad5b.jpegIMG_5166.thumb.jpeg.fc61a1f09e3b69e90f9e7313ce04ad5b.jpegIMG_5167.thumb.jpeg.68b0322a551fea59d8ed956a39c48ecf.jpeg

The crazy packed docks and those houseboats....I know what I'm doing if I ever make it to Victoria. I don't need more than a couple hours to see those. Boats, ships, whatever...I'm a little kid. I love observing them and being up close just makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some cool (to me) photos! 

I'm truly trying to convince my husband we need to book a trip on one of the Bahamas Windjammer cruises. I'm ok without the luxury. Him....well, you know! Haha

Really, thanks for sharing all these photos and your experience!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The crazy packed docks and those houseboats....I know what I'm doing if I ever make it to Victoria. I don't need more than a couple hours to see those. Boats, ships, whatever...I'm a little kid. I love observing them and being up close just makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some cool (to me) photos! 

I'm truly trying to convince my husband we need to book a trip on one of the Bahamas Windjammer cruises. I'm ok without the luxury. Him....well, you know! Haha

Thanks for the kind words and following along. 
A windjammer cruise would be awesome, bonus if the cabins creak😃

Its like staying in Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone in the original rooms, it feels like going back and living in history.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

In Seattle, Washington, Argosy Cruises does a tour that goes through the Ballard Locks (think much smaller verision of the Original Panama Canal) past several communities of houseboats into Lake Union and past the headquarters of Holland America Lines.

Edited by www3traveler
changed wording
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:06 PM, justhappy said:

We walked past all the luggage Yay Port Valet! And out past the taxis and locals offering $20 rides. Rides to where I do not know.

We walked down the sidewalk to the Edgewater Hotel and had an Uber ride in 

2 minutes. 
We were at the airport by 9:15am.

DH asked me could we get right back on the ship 😁

He said he’d like to do this cruise again next year! 
We’ll see 🤨

It was a great cruise with good weather and just a few minor service hiccups.

Thanks for following along and your kind comments.

We have a short flight to Denver where we will spend the night, hopefully meet our daughter and her family for dinner then head on home early tomorrow morning. 
Miss Daisy will be waiting for us to spoil her again, miffed I’m sure😂

Good idea walking someplace and grabbing an Uber from there! Will definitely remember. 🙂

• Like 2