Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh my gosh. I wonder if you can hear basketballs bouncing here in this room and I just don’t know it because it’s Alaska. I just heard this loud sound like someone bouncing a basketball. It was shaking the entire room for a couple minutes then it stopped. This is at 7:30am in Alaska

I am not sure where your cabin is located but on cruisedeckplans it shows no cabins below the basketball courts. What is above you? 

IMG_4413.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:27 AM, purpleally said:

I don’t know where you live in Canada, but, Alaska is absolutely breathtaking. It truly is not to be missed

I can definitely appreciate nature's beauty... I live in Alberta, about 4 hours from Jasper and Banff. If I want ice and glaciers, I can take a day trip. Maybe that's why Alaska isn't on my bucket list. 

• Like 4

@Saint Greg...THANKS for the detailed Brothel tour, I really enjoyed it, times have changed but yet they haven't changed, if you get my drift.

Hard to believe this Alaska cruise is winding down and we will have to wait for your next adventure.

You have covered a LOT of ground this cruise and it is always interesting!

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yean I mean I got a picture of it right here. It was like this on both sides. Right at the steps. I tried to past this one and she wouldn’t let met.

IMG_3599.thumb.jpeg.324a5b003b6694246ec45772f777800a.jpeg

Do the performers use the aisles at some point? I've seen this done at different shows during and before they need access.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think it’s supposed to be rooms. I’m 10103

That open space behind your cabin is most likely housekeeping. They may even have a crew elevator that brings up luggage and room service and the like. See where it opens to the hall on the other side? I was in a balcony across from one once and they were dragging luggage out from there on embarkation day. It had to get there somehow and they definitely didn't get those big luggage carts through that little doorway. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, xkritter said:

Do the performers use the aisles at some point? I've seen this done at different shows during and before they need access.

I don’t think they did. When I’m on the front row they’re always running in front of me. This show they had two guys come over the aisles on trapezes but that was at or near the end of the show. This was all in the first 10 mins of the show that I couldn’t get down there 

• Like 4

Other than this morning’s wakeup bang, the room has been pretty quiet. On carnival door slamming is a big thing. I don’t know if it’s typical of NCL or just this ship but these doors don’t slam. I have a habit of stopping the door with my back foot. That allows me time to check to make sure I have everything and it keeps the door from slamming. But if I do decide to let it fly, the door doesn’t even shut all the way I have to go back and pull it tight.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Another thing while I’m thinking of things. The door slamming thing isn’t really a thing here. Think I’ve hear one door slam this week. Why? Doors don’t really slam here. If I let mine go it may not even close all the way. Then you have to go back and pull it tight. But no slams.

This is what I loved about MSC and NCL, basically NO door slams! Didn't realize how annoying it really was until I didn't have to hear, sometimes seemingly non stop on all my Carnival cruises.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1