Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

@Saint Greg...wow the Hop On Hop Off has changed a lot since I took it back in May 2009.  Back then it was an open air trolley,  We paid $5 at the port to store our luggage for the day as we had a red eye out of Vancouver.  We walked out to the curb at the port and purchased our Hop On Hop Off tickets and off we went.  Guess Vancouver has grown over the years.

When we arrived pre-cruise we stayed at Blue Horizon and morning of the cruise they kept our luggage for free, plus a nice tip and we went over to Capillano Susension Bridge, what an experience!

Ironic you mentioned a Triathalon today, when we cruise out of Vancouver May 2025 we are there the night before the race and it is going to be difficult to get a hotel room...sigh...it's always something.

Enjoy your day in Vancouver!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg...wow the Hop On Hop Off has changed a lot since I took it back in May 2009.  Back then it was an open air trolley,  We paid $5 at the port to store our luggage for the day as we had a red eye out of Vancouver.  We walked out to the curb at the port and purchased our Hop On Hop Off tickets and off we went.  Guess Vancouver has grown over the years.

When we arrived pre-cruise we stayed at Blue Horizon and morning of the cruise they kept our luggage for free, plus a nice tip and we went over to Capillano Susension Bridge, what an experience!

Ironic you mentioned a Triathalon today, when we cruise out of Vancouver May 2025 we are there the night before the race and it is going to be difficult to get a hotel room...sigh...it's always something.

Enjoy your day in Vancouver!

Yeah just paying for storage alone would’ve been $15 for a large bag or $10 for a small bag. And the hoho tickets alone are $64.

The big suspension bridge is really expensive because I think it’s a theme park. I want to say 100 or 150. But then there’s a smaller one somewhere that’s free.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

We paid $40 for HoHo tickets in 2009, very interesting!

Then the big suspension bridge is really expensive as I recall…because I think it’s a theme park. I want to say 100 or 150. But then there’s a smaller one somewhere that’s free

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Granville street bridge

IMG_4491.jpeg

IMG_4492.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

IMG_4494.jpeg

My bus literally just came over the Granville Bridge. But it only cost me $3 😂 Just got off work and transiting home!

You walked and rode my running route in the park! I run around the sea wall to the totems, cut through to the other side and double back past the gun and Deadman’s island, then around the lagoon and back along the seawall to home. 10k

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

My bus literally just came over the Granville Bridge. But it only cost me $3 😂 Just got off work and transiting home!

You walked and rode my running route in the park! I run around the sea wall to the totems, cut through to the other side and double back past the gun and Deadman’s island, then around the lagoon and back along the seawall to home. 10k

You are my hero!

• Like 2