Seaside elevator I did not know this

ddlb

Well, I feel stupid. I just read on FB that you have to push the button for the deck you’re going to on the seaside elevator for as many people as are in your party.  Example if you have four people in your party you push it four times. Apparently there’s a video and instructions and everything that I’ve never really seen or noticed. People were complaining about the elevators being full when they stopped. Never saw this discussed on cruise critic!

We have found the exact opposite to happen. Having arrived at the elevators and pressing the desired deck ONCE and being directed to which elevator and how long a wait, then another and another and another passenger pressing for decks going in the same direction: have found the elevator zips on by and does not stop. Perhaps it now knows too many will not fit ? Or the system was over loaded ? Had to take to the stairs a couple of decks to try again.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We have found the exact opposite to happen. Having arrived at the elevators and pressing the desired deck ONCE and being directed to which elevator and how long a wait, then another and another and another passenger pressing for decks going in the same direction: have found the elevator zips on by and does not stop. Perhaps it now knows too many will not fit ? Or the system was over loaded ? Had to take to the stairs a couple of decks to try again.

Good point. I always did the trick on getting on elevators going down when I wanted to go up, but they were all too crowded. Not sure if you can do that on the seaside. 

1 hour ago, ddlb said:

Good point. I always did the trick on getting on elevators going down when I wanted to go up, but they were all too crowded. Not sure if you can do that on the seaside. 

The challenge you would have is that there are no buttons inside the elevator, so you won't have any control over which floor(s) you stop on. So you might not get anywhere near the floor you are hoping to get to by just hopping on a less crowded elevator going in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The challenge you would have is that there are no buttons inside the elevator, so you won't have any control over which floor(s) you stop on. So you might not get anywhere near the floor you are hoping to get to by just hopping on a less crowded elevator going in the wrong direction.

Right!