Norwegian Epic Posh

Grammymongi

I think it was totally worth it. I used it in April and looking down below at the crowded pool deck, I enjoyed the posh deck.

The process of getting a pass as a non Haven passenger is stressful. Only 10-20 are sold. You have to board as soon as possible and go straight to guest services to purchase one. Here is a photo. They have umbrellas, but weren’t put up yet in this photo.

34EB2741-09CE-446F-A775-39FC6A1460F5.jpeg

Edited by genealogyfan

Another view of a different side of the Posh deck. This was before the crew put up umbrellas for those who wanted them. There is also a higher level of chairs and tables too. Up those steps you see.

No photo description available.

Edited by genealogyfan

11 hours ago, Grammymongi said:

They do not have the Vibe on the Epic so we reserved the Posh. Just looking for photos or reviews. Is it worth the money?

Yes, it is.   While not as nice as the Vibe (in my opinion), it is still worth it.

How much are the passes now and they started selling them online?

Hi. They are $199 per person. I did not book online. I asked for the Vibe pass when I called to book the cruise as we had the Vibe on our last cruise and she said they had the Posh and that it was similar. Does Posh have it’s own bar as well?

Thank you!

8 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

Another view of a different side of the Posh deck. This was before the crew put up umbrellas for those who wanted them. There is also a higher level of chairs and tables too. Up those steps you see.

No photo description available.

Thank you for the info and photos, much appreciated!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

Hi. They are $199 per person. I did not book online. I asked for the Vibe pass when I called to book the cruise as we had the Vibe on our last cruise and she said they had the Posh and that it was similar. Does Posh have it’s own bar as well?

Thank you!

That’s nice you can book ahead and they gave you a correct price. When I called, the person I talked to didn’t know anything about it, so had to put me on hold and then gave me a price that was a lot less. Others at guest services had been quoted a price on the phone that was significantly less too.

Yes it has its own bar.

1 hour ago, genealogyfan said:

That’s nice you can book ahead and they gave you a correct price. When I called, the person I talked to didn’t know anything about it, so had to put me on hold and then gave me a price that was a lot less. Others at guest services had been quoted a price on the phone that was significantly less too.

Yes it has its own bar.

Does not make it right, but they probably gave you the wrong price because of the huge price increase.   We paid $59 in March for our extended family members not staying in the Haven with us.   I did not mind paying $59 for them, but I would not have paid $199.

19 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Does not make it right, but they probably gave you the wrong price because of the huge price increase.   We paid $59 in March for our extended family members not staying in the Haven with us.   I did not mind paying $59 for them, but I would not have paid $199.

I was on the Epic in April and it was 8 days and the Posh Pass was $219 for the week. Many people, including myself had been quoted $79 on the phone. 

18 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

I was on the Epic in April and it was 8 days and the Posh Pass was $219 for the week. Many people, including myself had been quoted $79 on the phone. 

I am glad we sailed before the price change.   I do believe you were quoted the wrong price and it would upset me if it was me-especially when I purchased six of them .

48 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

Gheesh. Sounds like they are making up prices. Maybe I’ll make a random call and see what they say. Thanks all!

I do not think they are making up prices.   The problem was that they raised prices between when those called for a price and their embarkation.   The old going rate of $59 was relatively cheap compared to what passengers would be willing to pay.   I am just surprised it took NCL so long to raise the price.

And I totally agree with you, the price is worth it to stay out of the crowds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 11:16 PM, genealogyfan said:

The process of getting a pass as a non Haven passenger is stressful. Only 10-20 are sold.  You have to board as soon as possible and go straight to guest services to purchase one

That's not actuallay true anymore.  In the latter half of 2022 NCL started allowing you to buy Vibe/Posh online before your cruise.  

In fact you can purchase it and pay for it before you even submit your final payment for the cruise itself (if you only put down a deposit).... We've come to love Vibe/Posh and won't book if it's sold out

Differences in Posh to what you know of Vibe are only really 2 things.  1) Posh does not have hot tubs.  2) Posh is considered the Haven's sun deck, Haven has some outdoor areas of it's own but their guests get to use Posh for free.

Posh still has it's own bar, it's still limited passes sold, no one under 16 allowed and music is not on blast.

Here's a link to a video I found recently of someone who walked Posh pretty well after the ships refit in 2020.  Fast forward to 12:49 if the link doesn't start in the right place

Edited by Akumahito
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Akumahito said:

That's not actuallay true anymore.  In the latter half of 2022 NCL started allowing you to buy Vibe/Posh online before your cruise.  

In fact you can purchase it and pay for it before you even submit your final payment for the cruise itself (if you only put down a deposit).... We've come to love Vibe/Posh and won't book if it's sold out

Differences in Posh to what you know of Vibe are only really 2 things.  1) Posh does not have hot tubs.  2) Posh is considered the Haven's sun deck, Haven has some outdoor areas of it's own but their guests get to use Posh for free.

Posh still has it's own bar, it's still limited passes sold, no one under 16 allowed and music is not on blast.

Here's a link to a video I found recently of someone who walked Posh pretty well after the ships refit in 2020.  Fast forward to 12:49 if the link doesn't start in the right place

On my cruise in Apr 2023, you couldn't purchase it ahead online, but I understand that process has changed since then. That is really great, as it was annoying to try and get in line at guest services early enough to get a pass.

15 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

On my cruise in Apr 2023, you couldn't purchase it ahead online, 

Probably just missed the news blasts about it.  Like I said they changed it in the latter half of 2022...  

We cruised in April 2023 and purchased in like July of 2022

https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-line-vibe-beach-club-information/

23 minutes ago, Akumahito said:

Probably just missed the news blasts about it.  Like I said they changed it in the latter half of 2022...  

Was it the Vibe you purchased and not Posh?   They made the change to Vibe advance purchase in July of 2022, but that did not include Posh.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akumahito said:

The Epic does not have a vibe beach club, it has the posh deck. Two different things. The article you cited does not mention the Epic or the Posh deck.  THe posh deck pass was not available ahead of time to purchase on the sailing we went on. It was only available for non Haven passengers to purchase the morning of sailing at guest services.