Crown dining

muleevans

All dining rooms have the same menu.

Botticelli is the aft dining room on deck 6 (accessible only by the rear stairs/elevators - if coming from the piazza, walk aft on deck 7, then down) If you desire traditional dining, you are more likely to be able to set it up in this dining room (larger, less popular).

The other 2 dining rooms (daVinci & Michelangelo) are on decks 5&6 off the piazza.

Since the food is the same, it really is up to you, which is most convenient. I should also mention that Botticelli is the dining room currently serving breakfast and lunch. DaVinci has the reserve area, which is only being used for dinner.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, blizzard44ca said:

Botticelli is the aft dining room on deck 6 (accessible only by the rear stairs/elevators - if coming from the piazza, walk aft on deck 7, then down) If you desire traditional dining, you are more likely to be able to set it up in this dining room (larger, less popular).

The other 2 dining rooms (daVinci & Michelangelo) are on decks 5&6 off the piazza.

Since the food is the same, it really is up to you, which is most convenient. I should also mention that Botticelli is the dining room currently serving breakfast and lunch. DaVinci has the reserve area, which is only being used for dinner.

Are you telling me there is no reserved dining room for sea day lunches or breakfasts.  That makes no sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blizzard44ca said:

I should also mention that Botticelli is the dining room currently serving breakfast and lunch. DaVinci has the reserve area, which is only being used for dinner.

I agree - the last part doesn't make sense.  Never heard of any ship having the daily breakfast and sea day lunch service in the aft DR.  Always been a mid-ship - and also the one that has Reserve (Club) Class dining section.  Only exception I have seen is disembarkation morning breakfast in the aft DR.

1 hour ago, blizzard44ca said:

Does this mean that the embarkation day lunch is in the Botticelli as well?  

@Steelers36 For the Crown, in August  2023 - embarkation lunch, ALL breakfasts and sea day lunches were in Boticelli, aft dining room on deck 6.

On Majestic in May 2023, breakfasts were also in the aft, deck6  DR - Allegro.

Pre-COVID, yes, mid ship DRs were the norm for embarkation lunches AND breakfasts. Things change.

1 hour ago, theloo said:

1 hour ago, theloo said:

1 hour ago, theloo said:

1 hour ago, theloo said:

Yes, on Crown. Boticelli for embarkation lunch, breakfasts and sea day lunches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@theloo@Steelers36 For the Crown, in August  2023 - embarkation lunch, ALL breakfasts and sea day lunches were in Boticelli, aft dining room on deck 6.

Pre-COVID, yes, mid ship DRs were the norm for embarkation lunches AND breakfasts. Things change.

Regarding the distance you will be walking, @theloo.  The Crown is considered a mid-size ship.  I found the walk to the aft stairs, from my cabin, mid-ship, to be very easy and not far at all. On the royal class ships, yes. The walk to the aft stairs from mid-forward is much lengthier. More calories are expended. You will be fine, on Crown. If I can do it, most can too. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, theloo said:

1 hour ago, theloo said:

1 hour ago, theloo said:

1 hour ago, theloo said:

Edited by CruzeQueen2
  • Thanks 1

It's all good.  I've been on the Ruby and Emerald, so I'm familiar with the ship layout.  I spend plenty of time walking on the promenade too and always can use a little extra exercise!

You multi quoted me again 🤣

Edited by theloo

1 hour ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@theloo@Steelers36 For the Crown, in August  2023 - embarkation lunch, ALL breakfasts and sea day lunches were in Boticelli, aft dining room on deck 6.

Regarding the distance you will be walking, @theloo.  The Crown is considered a mid-size ship.  I found the walk to the aft stairs, from my cabin, mid-ship, to be very easy and not far at all. On the royal class ships, yes. The walk to the aft stairs from mid-forward is much lengthier. More calories are expended. You will be fine, on Crown. If I can do it, most can too. Enjoy!

It is always interesting to know when things change.  The daily events paper  indicates where to be in any case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Steelers36 For the Crown, in August  2023 - embarkation lunch, ALL breakfasts and sea day lunches were in Boticelli, aft dining room on deck 6.

Thanks for correction.  Thought maybe you had just mixed it up.  This is new for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muleevans said:

So it sounds like Botticelli is probably the best chance for having the same waitstaff every night ?

That can depend on the ship.  If it is the DR open for lunch and also has Reserve/Club class due to that, then there are fewer tables to lock one in for you.  Since you need to speak to DR Mgr or Host to get same table, they will advise which DR they can do for you.  You can state a preference, but I would take where they can set me up with same waiters.

@muleevans Agree with Steelers and NOT necessarily Boticelli will get you the same waitstaff and table. The hostess at Da Vinci worked with me to meet my initial request as did the host at Michelangelo DR when the request changed. I ate at a solo table in DV and at a 6-top later on. The hosts and hostesses in all dining rooms accommodated all requests, when they could. It worked out fine.

Bon Voyage!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

On every post Covid cruise I have taken the Reserve class dining has always been in the midship dining room. Did they move the sign to the aft dining room ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, memoak said:

On every post Covid cruise I have taken the Reserve class dining has always been in the midship dining room. Did they move the sign to the aft dining room ?

I hope not, I booked our suites for Dec/Jan specifically by the mid ship elevators so my hubby, who has mobility issues, doesn't have to walk too far.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

I hope not, I booked our suites for Dec/Jan specifically by the mid ship elevators so my hubby, who has mobility issues, doesn't have to walk too far.

I am sailing on the Crown in a month and always sail in aft suites which on Grand class ships makes it easy to get to suite breakfast but really prefer mid ship for dinner

1 hour ago, Prost Seattle said:

Another dining question.  O have reserved dinner on every night of our cruise, either specialty or regular DR.  If we decide not to go to the DR one night, do I just cancel the reservation on the app or should I notify the DR in person?

Cancel in the App is fine.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I am sailing on the Crown in a month and always sail in aft suites which on Grand class ships makes it easy to get to suite breakfast but really prefer mid ship for dinner

All our previous suites have been aft facing, which I love, but it's getting to be too much for hubby so we switched to midship.  It makes it further for suite breakfast but can't have your cake and eat it too🙂

We'll  just take our time getting there.  Happy cruising!

Reserve class dining on Crown is still in the mid-ship dining room. Da Vinci, deck 6 I believe. @marden1970

@Prost Seattle I asked the hostess about canceling my reservation on a night or two. She told me that after 15 minutes, the unfilled table for your reservation will be released. I try to give them a heads up when I know that I will not need my reservation though. 

• Thanks 2