Cavern Club Queue Question

Maplemoose

My only experience with the Cavern Club/Beatles was on the Epic. The process there was to go maybe 45 minutes ahead of show, get a seat and sip on a drink or 2 while waiting. From what I have seen/read it appears to me that on the Joy, there ars actually long lines of people standing well before the show. So my question for those who have been there lately is: When can you actually claim a table and when does the bar open? It would only make sense that they would open the bar and tables when people started arriving. Staff shortage? Other bars don't just open when there is a show going on for the most part. These 1960's legs aren't much good standing for a long period these days. 😞

• Like 1

I was just on the Joy in August.  Yes people line up early.  We usually got in line 45 minutes before the show.  They open the doors 30 minutes early.  So we were only in line for about 15 minutes.  The bar is open once the doors open, so you can get drinks while you wait.   I would not recommend cutting it much closer than 45 minutes before showtime.  The first show we attended, my parents were the last to get seats and we stood in the back.

Another thing you should know is that cavern club on the Joy is very, very small.  It seemed smaller than the one on the Encore to me.  And they rearrange the seats into rows in front of the stage instead of leaving the tables and having people sit in small groups like on the Encore.  In the end, I didn’t mind this too much because even though they pack you in really tight, you don’t have the problem of people without seats getting up and dancing right up in front of the stage to block your view like happened a lot in the Encore.

• Thanks 1

I got there 45 minutes early or so on Joy, but the time before that just stood in the crowd in the back. You can also hear the show by standing outside on the Oceanfront with a drink. If you don't want to do that, they usually do a mainstage show, which is more entertaining, because from farther away it's easier to preserve the illusion of them being the Beatles, and they have interesting videos going on behind. 

• Like 1