Taps on Oasis

3 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

Just pulling away from Port Canaveral on Oasis, sitting on my balcony, and Taps was played over the speakers. Never heard that before on a ship and was wondering if anyone knows the meaning?

Sounds like you are setting up for one heck of a downer cruise if that is how they are setting the tone !

:)

44 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I wonder if they offloaded a deceased military member/veteran at the port?

There was an Alpha call earlier and we saw a fire truck and rescue truck pull up by the ship. I was worried that may have been it. Will be keeping the family whoever they may be in my prayers. 

Curious what the reason was for playing Tap's... One last Cruises was on before shutdown we had passenger pass away before we even left port, then 6 separate Emergency's during Cruise, speed up to next Port, missed a Port for 2 others, off loaded one onto Pilot Boat after turning around minutes outside the Port we just left. Use to Cruise Labor Day week every yr, Kids were already in School before then just missing 3 or 4 Days and was really cheap for passenger 3-4 compared to other High times, when was High and Low Season pricing. First Labor Day Cruise I did was a record yr for named storms/Hurricanes(up til then) and that week was 4 names Hurricanes/Tropical Storms, we steered around them missing couple stops and was 2nd wildest ride ever did on Ship. Dozens Passengers in Wheel Chairs or on crutches with Breaks/Sprains before the end. Even our onboard Entertainment The Monkees(minus Davy Jones) were Sea Sick, Peter Tork was trying eat some food in WindJammer was looking green with the patches behind the ears and Sea Sick wrist things. Last Cruise took over Labor Day, Me and my 11, 7 and 4yr olds and we got home at 6am, 9-11-01. Leaving next week Sept 2nd doing B4B inc a Repo, followed by Side by Side with Panama Canal B2B getting home on Oct 28th. I like waves and to feel I'm on a Ship but hopefully no Excitement like I've had in the past over the Holiday week...

Edited by ONECRUISER