Upgrading Cabin. Worth it?

ScottC4746

I am on the Edge in Alaska on 31 May in a C1 or C2 Concierge Class.  Unfortunately, it comes with a virtual verandah.  I am thinking of splurging and doing a CS Celebrity Suite instead.

I have never stayed in a suite and this will be my second cruise on X.  Pros-Cons of the CS catagory vs what we have now?

A Sky Suite or higher will get you the "Real" Veranda plus Retreat and Luminae access. If you don't have a drink package, being in the Retreat gets you free drinks in the Retreat Lounge. If the upgrade price is right, go for it, a bigger room and some private dedicated areas on the ship make it worth it.

Go for the Celebrity Suite or at least a Sky Suite!!!  I have been in suites on the Edge and the retreat area is spectacular, especially for having a great location to view your Alaska sailing. Luminae, the Retreat Lounge and private Retreat deck area is like a “ship within a ship”. You will also enjoy the suite upgrades of premium beverage package, included gratuity’s, fastest wifi, and $600 onboard credit to apply to the excursions or specialty dining you will probably want to do. The infinite verander would be a no go for me especially on an Alaskan sailing where you want great vantage points to observe scenery and wildlife. 

• Like 2

if you haven’t done the Alaska cruise brfore, I would recommend a true balcony. Even if it is cool, sitting out with a coffee/wine whatever, and watching the view is amazing. better than a window

On a balcony, when you are at the glaciers, you can hear the ice cracking and popping.   We did a Sky Suite.  worth it

We went from a sky suite to penthouse on the Edge a couple of years ago , definitely best vacation ever. Edge class gives you a fantastic outdoor retreat with swimming pool, hot tubs and bar , inside retreat is really nice with a bar also, you will dine in suite restaurant Luminae which is way better than mdr. Celebrity suite gives you more room than sky and I believe a separate bedroom. Most suites above celebrity gives you free specialty restaurants and liquor setup in your suite , two liters of your choice.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind IV--extends the room & feels almost like an enclosed balcony.

We did retreat for the 1st time in April on the Beyond & loved it. We got a fantastic deal that frankly was comparable to what we would have paid for a balcony once you factor in the extras & OBC.

If you are comfortable with the price, go for it! 

For us, a Sky Suite is more than enough space & I like a room that the bed faces the balcony.

• Like 3