Allure of the Seas for Christmas

My family and I will be on the Allure of the Seas Dec 22- 26 this year. It has been many years since we have been on a cruise and our first time going with two kids (ages 6 & 8). I'm looking for any tips & advice for cruising on the actual holidays. Ex: special activities, menus, events. Here are some questions I have also.

1. What restaurants will be open on embarkation day for lunch (besides the buffet)?

2. Will there be a special Christmas Eve & Christmas Day menu? Currently, on the app it shows those nights as the Italian menu & Mexican menu in the MDR. I'm not sure if it is just not updated for the holiday.

7 minutes ago, lilcruiser25 said:

My family and I will be on the Allure of the Seas Dec 22- 26 this year. It has been many years since we have been on a cruise and our first time going with two kids (ages 6 & 8). I'm looking for any tips & advice for cruising on the actual holidays. Ex: special activities, menus, events. Here are some questions I have also.

1. What restaurants will be open on embarkation day for lunch (besides the buffet)?

2. Will there be a special Christmas Eve & Christmas Day menu? Currently, on the app it shows those nights as the Italian menu & Mexican menu in the MDR. I'm not sure if it is just not updated for the holiday.

I was on b2b last dec on allure.

Lots of xmas stuff going on. The xmas singing carols I think your kids would enjoy. In the promenade we sang Rudolph and other favorites and santa puts in a appearance. 

The mama mia crew seems to have lots of xtra singing stuff. So much stuff I missed the big shows I had reservations for. 

The elevators and promenade music is replaced with xmas music. Big tree is up. And all the decorations.

I know specialty dining is extra for holidays, I dont remember a special meal in the Mdr. 

Me I'd bring candy to hand out. 

Oh there will be a few places open shortly after the buffet. Buffet first open. Sorrentos for free pizza and wipe out for mexican. Cafe has sandwiches and snacks.

Edited by firefly333

There is a special menu for Christmas Eve. I don't know if they've redone it with the new menus or it's the same as it was last year. 

There will be a small gift given out to kids on Christmas. You can go get one from Santa and they also provide a non Santa area to get a gift to for those who don't celebrate Christmas (pro tip: this is also a much shorter line if you just want to get the gift and don't feel like waiting in line to see Santa on a ship).

Edited by smokeybandit