2023 Vista sugar free desserts not looking good

Destination Fun

I am so very disappointed. Went to the lunch buffet as we just boarded the ship and they had one, only one sugar free dessert. They combined sugar free with dairy free and made a soy sugar free cheesecake. Disgusting. I am giving it a big triple “F”. A jelled weird dessert. I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. It is bad enough being sugar free but I don’t have to be dairy free. I was looking forward to a sugar free dessert. I asked our cruise consultant if they were available and he said yes. I should have asked further. Never in a million years would I have entertained the notion of such a combo.  I am sad. Other cruise lines do such a better job. They often, have several desserts always available for each type of dietary restriction. 

IMG_7746.jpeg

Edited by Destination Fun
Missed a word
  • Haha 1

It’s unclear whether or not you tried it. Did you? 

You can always talk to the staff in the buffet and the MDR about your dietary needs. My son has a gluten allergy, and they have always provided meals and tasty treats for him. Sometimes there is something different tucked away (in his case, cookies) that they can bring out. 

I have been on over 20 Carnival cruises and never found a sugar free dessert I would describe as “good”. Overall, Carnival desserts are generally disappointing. They look very good to the eye, but fall short on taste. There are a few exceptions, but you have to go through a lot of bad desserts to find the good ones.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Destination Fun said:

very disappointed. Went to the lunch buffet as we just boarded the ship and they had only one sugar free dessert. I asked our cruise consultant if they were available and he said yes. I should have asked further. 

Hi @Destination Fun🙂

I'm confused.... That's day 1 of your cruise, (in the buffet) just after you boarded. What about the rest of your voyage?? Day 2, day 3, day 4 and so on...

Only that one sugar free dessert from embarkation day & that's it?? Nothing to be found again in the Buffet? In the MDR? At a Specialty Restaurant? From Room Service? 

Was the Vista (100% Completely Out) of sugar free deserts (Throughout The Entire Ship During Everyday Of Your Sailing??)

🤪

• Like 2

Unless something has changed since March, every day at the buffet on Vista they offered a no-sugar-added cake and they were usually pretty wonderful. The Raspberry Champagne cake is my absolute favorite, sugar or no sugar. And the no-sugar-added Chocolate Pot de Creme in the MDR is really good too. 🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I have been on over 20 Carnival cruises and never found a sugar free dessert I would describe as “good”. Overall, Carnival desserts are generally disappointing. They look very good to the eye, but fall short on taste. There are a few exceptions, but you have to go through a lot of bad desserts to find the good ones.

They used to have awesome sugar free cakes.  I liked them so much I chose them, even though I don't need to be sugar free (well, it wouldn't hurt lol).  There was a different flavor every day - mango, lemon, pineapple,  spice, etc.  I miss them!