7 Day Countdown …

Markmom18

We fly to Miami Thursday, and cruise on the Horizon next Saturday. While we’re personally ready for our time away from responsibilities, I recall last years vacation.

It was in late September of last year that we cruised on RCCL Harmony out of Orlando. Due to my husband’s business we have been vacationing this time of year for 30+ years. We’ve somehow dodged Hurricanes in Puerto Vallarta and Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico — both land vacations. Our planned flights left and within days a hurricane struck.

So, while on the cruise last year, a major Hurricane came and really hit Florida hard! It was just so sad.   We had previously planned and booked a stay at the Hyatt Grand Cypress for a few nights post cruise.

Coming back to the Port, we took taxi to the Hyatt. Thinking we should cancel and rearrange our flight.  After expressing our concerns to the Front Desk Staff, they encouraged us to stay. We did, but it felt odd to be there …  

I’m questioning us staying last year in Orlando?  

What would you all have recommended?  The resort had been damaged by water, but surprisingly looked pretty good. The Staff sad everybody stayed and worked hard to get it up & running.  Who knows if that was Hyatt Corp’s decision or the employees. We’ve vacationed here a few times before past cruises,  so we could compare.
I just think I need others opinion on what is the “right” thing to do …

Thanks,

Bobbi

Honestly its all situational and up in the air. If I felt safe enough to stay and the hotel was saying it was fine then more then likely that is what I would have done as well. I personally would rather be on the ship if a storm is coming since they can outrun the storms in the ocean and we cant really on land. But as long as you where safe and happy and still had a great time thats all that really matters.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what your question is. Are you worried about taking resources from residents who need them? 🤔

We've got so many tourists in FL at any given time that two more aren't going to matter. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Hi,

Since the Lahaina fire in Maui, I have been mulling over what should we do going forward.  This prompted me writing the original post. Of course, I realize Orlando 2022 is no comparison to the utter destruction of Lahaina. 😳😢

This morning we brought out our suitcases . As our Miami flight will be Thursday. Just read that storm and a Hurricane are heading towards NW Florida.  I’ll just keep myself updated to see if the storms move South.

Thanks for your comments. 
Bobbi