De Librije reservation Rotterdam Sept/23

northernphoenix

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

I asked about De Librije a while ago.  The thread I started might be helpful.  I thought some of the answers were.

Thanks so much much for the referral.  We have enjoyed the Cellar Masters dinner on our Baltic cruise some years ago.  My cousin and I are looking forward to enjoying an experience that our moms would be absolutely ecstatic to enjoy!  

• Like 1

We did De Librije on the first 50 day Grand Cruise to Indonesia a number of years ago.  Overly fussy food left us unimpressed, but glad we tried it. Foamed liver pate, beef cheeks, deconstructed apple pie ....Meh. Hope their menu has moved on from those days.

The Pinnacle chef was one of the best we have ever had onboard, so he was well-skilled to execute this menu in this onboard setting. But he also said his wait staff was stressed trying to explain the curiously named menu items to the passengers.  

That said, this is very celebrated Dutch Restaurant. But our fellow Dutch passengers on board that cruise pretty much wrote it off as so much frou frou.

23 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

Thanks so much much for the referral.  We have enjoyed the Cellar Masters dinner on our Baltic cruise some years ago.  My cousin and I are looking forward to enjoying an experience that our moms would be absolutely ecstatic to enjoy!  

I wouldn’t equate this to a Cellar Master dinner.  It’s a different experience IMO than the regular Cellar Master (which I have really enjoyed)

1 minute ago, kazu said:

I wouldn’t equate this to a Cellar Master dinner.  It’s a different experience IMO than the regular Cellar Master (which I have really enjoyed)

The Cellar Masters introduced me to the term “Amuse Bouche”,  I am sooo open to any epicurean experience!

I posted a short review of my experiences a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed the meal. It was fun to try so many different kinds of things, and my mom and I sampled each other's choices too.