Just Booked Horizon

sparks1093

On 8/31/2023 at 9:53 AM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Aruba we went to De Palm island.  We loved it there, and the lunch buffet was great.  Would definitely go there again.

Curacao: we did the walking tour.  If you're interested, I can get the link for the self guided tour we did.  It includes several museums you could go into, or skip.

Horizon:

Make sure you do the skyride first chance you get.  Depending on weather, it may not be open all that much.  It is amazing.

The shows are top notch.  Unfortunately, the Liquid Lounge is not.  Best seats are probably the first row of the balcony (just not side view), and you need to get there early for them. Anything not first row will be hard to see from, unless you are really tall.

Check out the flavor of the day everyday at the gelato station.

I'm looking at Horizon for December, also going to Aruba. What will the weather be like on this cruise in December? Will the sky ride be closed most of the time?

2 weeks to go for me! We'll be headed out on the Horizon on September 16 for the ABC cruise. All these are new ports for us, so I'm super excited. For the ship we have a Havana aft balcony booked, a first for me. I also booked the Chef's table, which we haven't done in years. I've heard the public transportation is good in Aruba so we plan to use that and find restaurants and grocery stores to visit along the way. Bonaire is our snorkel excursion with Woodwind tours, and since I've never been snorkeling before, I think this is what I'm most excited for! As for Curacao, that's our shortest visit, so we just plan to walk around the city. If you have any questions I can try to find answers for you while I'm on my trip.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:53 AM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Aruba we went to De Palm island.  We loved it there, and the lunch buffet was great.  Would definitely go there again.

Curacao: we did the walking tour.  If you're interested, I can get the link for the self guided tour we did.  It includes several museums you could go into, or skip.

Horizon:

Make sure you do the skyride first chance you get.  Depending on weather, it may not be open all that much.  It is amazing.

The shows are top notch.  Unfortunately, the Liquid Lounge is not.  Best seats are probably the first row of the balcony (just not side view), and you need to get there early for them. Anything not first row will be hard to see from, unless you are really tall.

Check out the flavor of the day everyday at the gelato station.

Where can I find the link for a walking tour?

I just got off the Horizon on August 27th.  We stayed in the Havana area (AFTbalcony).  Aruba was rained out due to tropical storm Franklin so we ended up just walking around the port and doing some shopping.  Originally, we booked day passes to Renaissance Island but the island was closed and we had to cancel.  In the past, we did the Trikes Aruba and that was a great excursion as well as rented a car and drove around the island for the day.  The car rental was with Jay's car rental and we picked up the car at the port.  In Bonaire, we did Woodwind snorkelling which was a good time.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:26 PM, Ideb said:

I'm looking at Horizon for December, also going to Aruba. What will the weather be like on this cruise in December? Will the sky ride be closed most of the time?

I took a Halloween cruise and the sky ride was open on sea days. There was never a line of more than a few people. They did seem to have limited hours. It may have been due to lack of interest. My daughter (34) and I (67) rode and were not impressed.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:13 AM, sparks1093 said:

Our experiment with Celebrity didn't last too long. We had compared a Carnival cruise and a Celebrity cruise (southern Caribbean itineraries in 2/2025) and after adding in to the Carnival fare what was included in the Celebrity fare Celebrity was less expensive overall for either sailing, so we booked them. Fast forward until last month and Celebrity cancelled our cruise due to changing the ship's home port. When I checked the prices we compared a 7 day Celebrity S. Carib with an 8 day Carnival and Carnival won that battle handily this time. So now we are going to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. I visited Aruba in the late '70's in the Navy and have always wanted to go back. Now I just have to two years to go back. Any must do excursions on the ABC island itinerary? Any suggestions on Horizon?

One of our favorite cruises of all time was the ABC on Carnival.

1. Rent the trikes on Aruba (google 'trikes aruba')

2. Rent the golf carts on Bonaire (google "bonaire cruisers").  You can see the whole island at your pace.

3. Rent a car on Curacao (get the jeep..go anywhere.)

Get away from the ports/shopping area.  Its all junk, overpriced and not supporting the local economy as is with all Caribbean tourist hot spots.

This is the way...

Edited by odyssyus
  • Like 1

We really enjoyed the UTV ride in Aruba, Bonaire we have done the kayak's in the Mangrove, and Curacao we have done the underwater walk, also did a tour by boat to the black sand beach and spent the day there, then went past the homes owned by famous people, have also cone a tour by jet ski, you top at a sunken tug boat and snorkle, enjoyed all three. The islands are some of our favorites. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1