passport delayed

delliemd

Just pray there isn’t a government shutdown on October 1. If there is passport processing will grind to a halt. 

As others have stated a passport is not required for a closed loop Caribbean cruise. A certified birth certificate will suffice. However, if an emergency were to occur and you had to leave the ship in a foreign port, you will be stuck there until you can get a passport. Can’t fly into the US without one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theloo said:

Question: how much time elapsed between receiving your passport and supporting documents?  When I applied for my kids' passports in February, the packages came the same week.  I renewed in August, received my new passport 2 weeks ago, but haven't gotten back my expired passport and other documents yet.  

Not sure if you’re in the US, but my DH got his supporting docs about 3 weeks after the PP.  I never got mine. 😳  We received our PP’s in May.

I did report it, like you’re supposed to, but nothing from them. That was in July.

image.thumb.jpeg.af9a231627609a41df61842621418c34.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:46 AM, ontheweb said:

If the "original" is lost, you can get a copy from whatever jurisdiction originally produced it. That is what we needed to do when DW applied for a passport and discovered that her Mother had sent her the hospital copy and thrown out the real birth certificate.

During the first Gulf War, it looked like m wife and I would both be sent over so we have to get extra copies of stuff just in case. I walked into the State Board of Health office in uniform and walked out with 10 free copies and note telling me to send any other soldiers born in that state there. Similar happened when I call the county where my wife I got our marriage license and the state where she was born.  Now the kids each have file with 5 copies. The daughter we adopted also has 5 copies of the adoption decree.  We did this just so they would not have issues like your DW.

• Like 1