Dinner Recommendation

paperboys

24 minutes ago, girlscruise2011 said:

I was in San Juan in November and wanted to have a drink up there and yes it is closed. The signs say closed for renovations but no one was there working. That rooftop bar was one of my favorites.

If missing the ambiance of Milano’s roof.  Then consider one’s personal choice being rooftop bar at the LV.  They have a great menu of finger food and Tapas.  Views over the city are great.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 6:05 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

If missing the ambiance of Milano’s roof.  Then consider one’s personal choice being rooftop bar at the LV.  They have a great menu of finger food and Tapas.  Views over the city are great.  

What is the LV? Sorry if it’s a stupid question 

26 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

I just sent an email requesting a reservation. Is it a quick Uber from the port? We will be on the celebrity Ascent 1/18/2024 sailing which arrives in PR 1/30 if anyone wants to share a cab

12 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I just sent an email requesting a reservation. Is it a quick Uber from the port? We will be on the celebrity Ascent 1/18/2024 sailing which arrives in PR 1/30 if anyone wants to share a cab

Never used Uber, but cab was $15

On 9/22/2023 at 9:59 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Next preference - Very price reasonable for the quality of food.

https://www.barrachina.com

Go for the Chef’s (very) special seafood Paella served for two persons to share.  
Chef personally prepares the speciality from scratch.  Wait time will be about 45 minutes, but it’s so worth it.

Just looked at the Menu, this place looks very interesting. Appreciate the link...

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2023 at 4:28 AM, coats141 said:

Just looked at the Menu, this place looks very interesting. Appreciate the link...

It's more of a tourist place, but is very attractive w/good Pina Coladas. I've had better food elsewhere. Raices is a combo of fun/touristy and decent food. If you go, get the Mofongo and Sangria. I'll probably eat here for the 3rd time in Feb.  Café El Punto is a good place we discovered, just across the street from Barrachina. We'll definitely eat there again. Keep it in mind of you can't get a table at Barrachina.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ate at Ladi's Restaurant.  It has a wonderful view of the ocean.   https://ladisrestaurant.com/san-juan.html  I would uber/taxi there.  I had the grouper with the "house sauce" which was wonderful. 

We also ate at Marmelade.   We had a large group, so we did the 14 course tasting menu.   Phenomenal.  https://www.marmaladepr.com/food

We also ate at Mario Pagan in Condado which is also a wonderful restaurant.   I had the spiney lobster.  so good.  https://www.mariopagan.com/

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in San Juan 3 weeks from today. Considering Sofia’s for dinner or possibly Barranchina.

Which would have better food or are there better options?