Shore Excursion Credit Question—Transferable?

disneyochem

Just a quick question about the shore excursion credit.  I know that on HAL, one needs to use the excursion credit or lose it.  What happens if there is nothing available to book?  We’re on the Koningsdam with a number of family members during Thanksgiving week. Hubby and I have been on numerous California Coastal cruises and have no interests in going on any excursions (annd those that we maybe would go on are full).  Itinerary has been changed to stops in SF, Avalon, and Ensenada.  Live by SF, no cruise line tours for Avalon (though we’ve been there a number of times) and no interest in anything in Ensenada after 15+ visits there.  Our HIA includes shore excursion credit.  Can I book an excursion using my credit and then let someone else use my “ticket?”  

Hubby is already going to lose his credit; I would just like to let some one else use mine rather than let it go to waste.  

25 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Just a quick question about the shore excursion credit.  I know that on HAL, one needs to use the excursion credit or lose it.  What happens if there is nothing available to book?  We’re on the Koningsdam with a number of family members during Thanksgiving week. Hubby and I have been on numerous California Coastal cruises and have no interests in going on any excursions (annd those that we maybe would go on are full).  Itinerary has been changed to stops in SF, Avalon, and Ensenada.  Live by SF, no cruise line tours for Avalon (though we’ve been there a number of times) and no interest in anything in Ensenada after 15+ visits there.  Our HIA includes shore excursion credit.  Can I book an excursion using my credit and then let someone else use my “ticket?”  

Hubby is already going to lose his credit; I would just like to let some one else use mine rather than let it go to waste.  

There have been reports of people simply switching out but I don’t believe it is sanctioned.  I use them for transfers if nothing else.    Sometimes the shore ex desk onboard will be the best source of info but I don’t think I would ask😉

• Like 1