Re-fare?

Aj101

1 hour ago, Aj101 said:

It looks like the fare has dropped for my booked itinerary.  First time I’ve booked with NCL, do they re-fare?  Final payment isn’t due until late November.   Thanks!

It is essentially a cancel and rebook if you booked directly with NCL. Your Travel Agent may have other restrictions. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aj101 said:

It looks like the fare has dropped for my booked itinerary.  First time I’ve booked with NCL, do they re-fare?  Final payment isn’t due until late November.   Thanks!

If you booked direct with NCL, you can call for a reprice.  If you reach a helpful person you might be able to do it through online chat, sometimes.

Ask how much it would be for a reprice.  The fare now may be a different category (such as sailaway when you paid for a free a sea rate) or have different deck supplements, so it's hard to be sure it's cheaper now from the headline rate.  As others mentioned, you may lose some promos like double points that are no longer available (or, you might get a new promo that didn't exist before!).

Be sure to specify "keep same cabin, same booking number".  A few agents will move you to a nearby room with a new booking, possibly to get a new booking commission (or they don't know how to do it properly).  Your booking number and cabin should not change.  Booking number (booking date) can be important for getting benefits that applied when you first booked (such as a lower service charge rate). 

After final payment (120 days before cruse in most regions) you cannot reprice in this way.

Edited by Rob_H
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Really?  I've never heard of this before.

Happened to me with a PCC (we eventually fired her), and a random online chat agent tried it another time (caught it in time).  They make a new booking in a similar cabin, then cancel the previous one and try to switch the room to the old cabin when it becomes available (in this case the PCC failed so we ended up in a different cabin with a new booking number).  That's just a couple of times out of several dozen repricing requests we've done, so not rampant, but something to be aware of.

14 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Really?  I've never heard of this before.

Also happened to me a few months back when I called for a reprice. I was put on hold and then told that the reprice was successful and given my new final price. They did keep the same reservation number but I didn't discover until a few days later when I was in the cruise planner that they had changed my cabin to another deck entirely. Fortunately it was mid-ship and with cabins above and below so I just let it go as it met my requirements. Not sure why this was done or why I wasn't at minimum advised but I can attest that it can in fact happen.

11 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Happened to me with a PCC (we eventually fired her), and a random online chat agent tried it another time (caught it in time).

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Also happened to me a few months back when I called for a reprice.

Thanks.  That's good to know.  I'll keep an eye out for this.  I've requested many repricing's in the past and never encountered this issue.