Labor Day Sale/Special

Saving Up To Be Eccentric

(I've cruised other lines, but this is the first time I'm looking at going on MSC)

I just so happen to be looking at booking a cruise this weekend, because other vacation plans fell through. On the MSC page, it says:

Labor Day Sale

Limited Time Offer

Drinks & Wi-Fi included + up to $400 in On Board Credit

But when I go to book, it shows two price points: one at the advertised price and one at a higher price for a package deal. 

Let me guess, they don't really mean that they're including things at their advertised price, but that they're trying to sell me their package deal, right?

1 minute ago, young_k92 said:

I would add that at least they no longer advertise it as "free." That was truly misleading. 

Thanks for the sanity check - I swear I thought I saw it as "free" earlier this weekend, but thought I may have mis-remembered.

It's a lot less confusing as-is, but I still had to ask.

• Like 1

MSC is just like every other cruise line that advertises "free" extras like wifi, drinks, specialty dining, tips included, OBC, etc. They will have a "cruise only" price, which is what you see advertised everywhere and then a second price that actually includes all those extras. Literally every single mainstream cruise line in the US advertises that way.