credit card insurance, how much on card

Mary229

I am sure this has been covered but searching did not find this answer readily.  

If I am satisfied with the limits of my Chase insurance coupled with an annual medical, how much of my trip has to be on the Chase card to activate coverage.

My deposits are always secured with the card.  20%, 50%, 75% or 100%?  Hopefully someone has had actual experience.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Philob said:

Been researching this myself. Most cc reviews say you have to eventually charge the full amount of your trip on your card. 

Yes, that is what they all say but I have yet read a comment where someone actually failed because of this option.  By email I have a travel insurance agency saying that you do not have to pay for the entirety of the trip.  

anyway I have a few trips that exceed the insurance  benefits by a few thousand dollars and I see no reason I need to pay the overage on that card.  As such I will use it as a test case and first hope I never need to use the insurance and if I did will report back. 

American Express does specifically state that the cardholder must charge the entire cost of the trip, but American Express is not often mentioned on this forum. Most people seem to use the Chase Sapphire card which simply states the cardholder must charge all or a portion of the trip cost.

• Thanks 1