Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

14 minutes ago, BigDog46202 said:

How has the internet been? Guessing Freedom has Starlink. We will be on the Pride for the Transatlantic at the end of the month. Loving following your adventures!

Internet has been excellent. A few short outages but easily 99.9% uptime and about the fastest speeds I've ever experienced.

Starlink has been a game changer for this ship, it was terrible in January. 

Thanks for following along.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

It was 😋. Hot and crispy and not overly breaded.

Actually, your food pictures generally look better than what I remember from my recent Carnival cruises.  Don't get me wrong, I like Carnival food . . . but I want it more after looking at your photos!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sun is setting and you are off…a few minutes ahead of schedule 

IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2176.jpeg

IMG_2171.jpeg

The must have found everyone they were paging for. I thought we were going to be delayed there were quite a few names being called.

17 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

Actually, your food pictures generally look better than what I remember from my recent Carnival cruises.  Don't get me wrong, I like Carnival food . . . but I want it more after looking at your photos!

The food on this ship has been a huge improvement over my recent Carnival ships. The same was true in January so I'm glad to see this ship has maintained whatever its doing differently. I've been very impressed.

• Like 4

It’s all your fault.  After reading the menus, I just booked a cruise for next month.  Just 5 days on Elation from JAX, but it’s just a two hour drive.  I realize that on a five day rotation I won’t see many of the items on your longer Journey.  EM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

It’s all your fault.  After reading the menus, I just booked a cruise for next month.  Just 5 days on Elation from JAX, but it’s just a two hour drive.  I realize that on a five day rotation I won’t see many of the items on your longer Journey.  EM

I will accept the blame 🙂

Enjoy your cruise! I've never sailed out of Jacksonville even though it is the closest port to where I used to live. Maybe one day I will make it up that way.

• Like 2

Today was a nice relaxing day. I didn't do much of anything but eat and search for ducks. I'm behind 25-27, I don't expect to find any on Cunard.

I am all packed. I usually pack the morning I have to get off the ship, but I took care of it this afternoon at a nice leisurely pace. All that is left for the morning is my last minute items.

I'm off to bed now, thanks for following along  and I will see you all tomorrow from Barcelona.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I've really enjoyed following along! You will continue this throughout your Cunard cruise, I hope? 

I know in an earlier post it was said it will depend on the wi-fi quality.  I surely hope so because I've thoroughly enjoyed this review and hope it continues!

Edited by fla33023
  • Like 4

I’m so sad that your trip over is ending! Although it does mean my trip is closer! Lol

i do hope you’ll be able to continue reporting through the next 20 days until the trip back, I have truly enjoyed following along on your adventures. I told my mom about your “mobile bar” and she immediately started searching for the water bottle she wants to bring 😂 You may have started a trend, we’ll have to see if half the ship back is similarly equipped 😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mumofsons said:

Thanks so much for taking us along! Your review has been great and in just two weeks DH and I leave for Barcelona to join you on the way back! 

Thanks for following along almost time now 😀 

5 hours ago, az4ship said:

Thanks for this. It has been great so far. Appreciate it

Thanks for following along.

4 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I've really enjoyed following along! You will continue this throughout your Cunard cruise, I hope? 

3 hours ago, fla33023 said:

I know in an earlier post it was said it will depend on the wi-fi quality.  I surely hope so because I've thoroughly enjoyed this review and hope it continues!

I probably won't be live but I'll give a few updates a day, again wifi dependant. Hopefully starlink is working for them like it is for Freedom.

• Like 5