Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

22 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

No doubt. That's why I'm making changes now while it is easier. One thing at a time and once I reach my goal weight I can start in on the next challenge.

I wish schools educated about the sins of our youth catching up with us as adults then seniors along with financial guidance, but too late for me for sure, dealing with what I've been dealt from my youth!

Calling it an early night tonight.

We lose another hour tonight putting us three hours between Spain and the US. Sad to think about how close I am to the end of this trip. But I will focus on the adventure I've had and not worry about what comes next!

Good night everyone.

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Calling it an early night tonight.

We lose another hour tonight putting us three hours between Spain and the US. Sad to think about how close I am to the end of this trip. But I will focus on the adventure I've had and not worry about what comes next!

Good night everyone.

I've enjoyed your adventure, and truthfully, not sure what I'm going to do with my time once you get home.

I even forgot to check in for my cruise in two weeks, not sure how that happened!

Enjoy the rest of the trip, it sure has been a trip of a lifetime.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Goodness, I wonder what you have to do to get an invitation. It certainly sounds more separatist than Cunard.

Doesn't Cunard segregate their main dining rooms into four different classes?  That is, Britannia, Britannia Club, Princess Grill, and Queens Grill?

10 hours ago, JandPB said:

This is my favorite after dinner place to be. 

Me too. So peaceful and close to the water.

10 hours ago, balcony bound said:

I've enjoyed your adventure, and truthfully, not sure what I'm going to do with my time once you get home.

I even forgot to check in for my cruise in two weeks, not sure how that happened!

Enjoy the rest of the trip, it sure has been a trip of a lifetime.

Thank you 😊 

Now go get checked in 😆 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The crowding at the entrance is silly when the app will tell you when to come down.

I've noticed this as well.  I understand that it might happen on the first days of the cruise before everyone knows how to use the app.  But I don't understand  it several days into a cruise.

Edited by Petersonfcu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

I've noticed this as well.  I understand that it might happen on the first days of the cruise before everyone knows how to use the app.  But I don't understand  it several days into a cruise.

And it's not like these are blue cards.

Just impatient. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Petersonfcu said:

Doesn't Cunard segregate their main dining rooms into four different classes?  That is, Britannia, Britannia Club, Princess Grill, and Queens Grill?

Indeed, they do, according to what you pay, not according to some random process. I was trying to use irony to convey this, and obviously failing. 🙂

• Like 3

Just now, exlondoner said:

Doesn’t look nearly as nice as those cakes that are going to appear not so far ahead. Will you have room?

It was different than I'm used to. Supply differences I suppose, but still good.

I should have room but I've been eyeing a slice of cheesecake from the coffee bar. I may splurge for it today and then I won't have room for both.

The challenges and decisions I have to make on a daily basis are daunting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

7 hours ago, Petersonfcu said:

Yes, and @exlondonerwas being cheeky, as the Brits would say. 
It’s sometimes hard to distill cheekiness into written words….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, NE John said:

Yes, and @exlondonerwas being cheeky, as the Brits would say. 
It’s sometimes hard to distill cheekiness into written words….

Me cheeky? I’m shocked, shocked, I say…

(and for those who’ve missed out, that is a reference to the greatest film ever made, where a character feigns ignorance of something he knows all too well.🙂)

• Haha 8

On 10/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, jam19872016 said:

Does Cunard rent by the night, or sailing? That would be a heck of a bargain for the while cruise.

Cunard rents by the night.  I had to look into it on my cruise because I somehow forgot my tuxedo pants at home.  The cost to rent just the pants was going to be $39.  I ended up buying a new pair of pants in Naples for less than that.

BTW, if  you are looking to pick up an inexpensive tux for gala night I got mine just for the cruise for around $100 at AlainDupetit.com 

• Like 4

Weather getting yucky. Slightly misty but starting to turn into rain. I got 3 out of 4 miles in.

Seas aren't bad so far just a slight rock to remind us we are at sea without knocking us around.

Today's coffee is being enjoyed in Habana. The music is on but not unbearably loud like last cruise. I haven't figured out how to turn it off in this room, but as I said it's not too terribly loud.

16986708873634387965692221350804.thumb.jpg.000e86aa13b9b363b52ba5e3d0f3387b.jpg

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, chryso said:

Cunard rents by the night.  I had to look into it on my cruise because I somehow forgot my tuxedo pants at home.  The cost to rent just the pants was going to be $39.  I ended up buying a new pair of pants in Naples for less than that.

BTW, if  you are looking to pick up an inexpensive tux for gala night I got mine just for the cruise for around $100 at AlainDupetit.com 

I should have known Cunard would not leave a loophole like renting for the whole cruise since they do so many long trips.

• Like 1