Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

9 hours ago, ItsADryHumor said:

Those fries look just this side of freshly defrosted. 

As someone else mentioned, ketchup makes everything taste ok 🤭

7 hours ago, broberts said:

Cutbacks?  🙂

According to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pasta Fettuccini is about 6.5 mm (~¼") wide. Linguine is flattened spaghetti.

Someone in the kitchen appears to be pasta challenged.

Apologies, satisfied the salt and pepper shakers were in good order I had left my ruler in the room and cannot verify if the noodles were .25 or .249 inches wide 😆 

• Haha 11

8 hours ago, wynkys said:

Enjoy your last week and then look forward to the next one you have planned.

I have thoroughly enjoyed following along and you and your mom are obviously

well-suited travelling companions.

I like your self-deprecating style of reporting and admire your capacity for enjoying

the food on offer.

Thanks for the kind words and following along. We don't always get along in small spaces but I think we've managed to coexist in the same space pretty well this trip.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, of course it does. It was the stuff with the salmon I thought was being described as fettuccine, and of course it isn’t. Apologies all round and to the menu writers.

The menu writers are quite used to the kitchen taking liberties with their creations 😀

Salmon and fettuccine Alfredo 🤔. You may be onto something.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

That looks quite nice, though smoked salmon doesn’t seem copious.

Am I the only one who can never manage a whole bagel, but can always cope with a bit more smoked salmon?

Definitely could have used more salmon.

• Like 5

My breakfast was good. My mom ended up not eating most of her order and went to the Lido for breakfast. 

The dining assignments changed and there was a new group waiting where she gets assigned and they didn't execute her complicated order well or work very hard to fix it. And well, she can be a stubborn person and not skilled at diplomatic resolutions.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, BigDog46202 said:

We are on Pride and heading to Funchal, Madeira and we are rolling around today!! Woohoo!!

It's getting better each day since leaving the Mediterranean. The weather is still grey but at least the seas have been a little less rocky. It's the wind more than anything knocking us around.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, NE John said:

That looks like fettuccine. Certainly wide enough pasta ribbons.
Best looking food so far, good job. 

In a second looking, that pasta is more of a linguine than fettuccine. It’s an odd hybrid.
At least it’s not cut up!!

Edited by NE John
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NE John said:

In a second looking, that pasta is more of a linguine than fettuccine. It’s an odd hybrid.
At least it’s not cut up!!

The only logical thing to do is to measure the plate tonight in the exact position that a noodle is draped along the side in the picture from last night.

I will then prepare my findings for peer review before submitting them for consideration at the next board meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

30 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The only logical thing to do is to measure the plate tonight in the exact position that a noodle is draped along the side in the picture from last night.

I will then prepare my findings for peer review before submitting them for consideration at the next board meeting.

You have the future of the free world riding in your hands with this endeavor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Colouring at Sea
The Atrium Lobby, 3

Im surprised to see British English spelling used on Carnival. Certainly British English is used on Cunard, like “whilst onboard” etc, but Carnival too? But then Cunarders complain that Cunard adds the term tuxedos along with dinner jackets and the use of the US$ instead of Sterling. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NE John said:

Colouring at Sea
The Atrium Lobby, 3

Im surprised to see British English spelling used on Carnival. Certainly British English is used on Cunard, like “whilst onboard” etc, but Carnival too? But then Cunarders complain that Cunard adds the term tuxedos along with dinner jackets and the use of the US$ instead of Sterling. 

I have never noticed the British spelling before I wonder if it's because our Entertainment Director is British. 

I too found it odd Cunard did everything in Usd. But convenient at least.