Credit card charged for dining credit

Corriegr

We have cruise summer 25 and bought Premier package. Used app to book 2 speciality dining times as already slots disappearing. Received credit card statement this morning to find both slots have been charged for instead of credit applied and reservations no longer appear in app. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you go about getting refund 

Edited by Corriegr
Error

15 minutes ago, Corriegr said:

We have cruise summer 25 and bought Premier package. Used app to book 2 specialty dining times as already slots disappearing. Received credit card statement this morning to find both slots have been charged for instead of credit applied and reservations no longer appear in app. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you go about getting refund 

Yes, this has happened to a lot of people and you might have read about their stories on other threads here.  When you were booking the dining, did you look at the billing page at all?  Did you see the total to be charged (say, $78 for two)?  Did you see any credit applied, bringing the net owing to $0?  Or, did you see the amount owing was the same $78?  If you saw that, why did you go ahead if not wanting to pay?  Try booking another SD reservation and examine the billing page and see if any credits are applied.  You can back out and not confirm the second res if not wanting it.  If you don't want to pay, just cancel the res you made and your CC will be refunded. 

There are a lot of issues with the App and DMW.  You can either wait until on board, or you can try the booking using the Web version of the App.  DMW is part of the Web version and several have reported better success there.

1 hour ago, Corriegr said:

We have cruise summer 25 and bought Premier package. Used app to book 2 speciality dining times as already slots disappearing. Received credit card statement this morning to find both slots have been charged for instead of credit applied and reservations no longer appear in app. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you go about getting refund 

One of my reservations used the credit but my 2nd reservation charged my credit card $78. The rep at Princess told me to go to guest services on board and they will fix it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wink87 said:

One of my reservations used the credit but my 2nd reservation charged my credit card $78. The rep at Princess told me to go to guest services on board and they will fix it. 

Yes, if you want to reserve ahead, because it’s filling up, then when you get OB, GS will give you an OBC. 
Did the $78 fall off your CC, sometimes it shows pending, then falls off.  I would take a screenshot of that charge on your CC for proof. 

Since you don’t see it on the App, did you look on the travel summary in your cruise summary to see if it shows up there or on the DMW on the website version of the App? 

Ridiculous this is still an issue. SMH

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, if you want to reserve ahead, because it’s filling up, then when you get OB, GS will give you an OBC. 
Did the $78 fall off your CC, sometimes it shows pending, then falls off.  I would take a screenshot of that charge on your CC for proof. 

Since you don’t see it on the App, did you look on the travel summary in your cruise summary to see if it shows up there or on the DMW on the website version of the App? 

Ridiculous this is still an issue. SMH

We just looked at the APP for our Dec cruise where we have the Premiere Package.  The only option for Specialty Dining is to charge our credit card (already listed on the app) even though our package clearly gives us 2 Free dinners.  We also have thousands of dollars of OBC, and no way to apply that.  Also took a look at doing it on a PC (through our Princess account) and it says ":Dining reservations have been moved to the app."

While we do understand one can always take their chances and than deal with Guest Services (once aboard), we have better things to do with our time than waiting to see the Guest Services folks where they may or may not fix something and could even make a bad situation worse.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

We just looked at the APP for our Dec cruise where we have the Premiere Package.  The only option for Specialty Dining is to charge our credit card (already listed on the app) even though our package clearly gives us 2 Free dinners.  We also have thousands of dollars of OBC, and no way to apply that.  Also took a look at doing it on a PC (through our Princess account) and it says ":Dining reservations have been moved to the app."

While we do understand one can always take their chances and than deal with Guest Services (once aboard), we have better things to do with our time than waiting to see the Guest Services folks where they may or may not fix something and could even make a bad situation worse.

Hank

Agreed. We hate to waste time too at GS.  OP was afraid of not getting a reservation due to it filling up.

Some have reported they have been able to do this and others not. I wonder if it is working intermittently, as IT is working on a fix?  IDK

But, it is a shame they can’t update the DMW to accept the

dining credits. SMH

• Like 1