Conquest passenger reported missing 9/6/2023

dobiemom

On 9/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, missholly24 said:

Haha I hope not! I read Cruise Confidential and they all sleep with each other according to the author but they actual don’t like us passengers. Lol. They refer to “us” Americans as cows. Lmao…..I mean some cruisers are pretty rude and glutinous. The book is amazing by the way. Both good and bad. 

Cones, not cows

10 minutes ago, gopackgo21 said:

There are definitely ways to communicate with employees. My husband is friends with a few we’ve met over the years on social media. 

We even had one ask us to buy them an item, bring it on the next cruise and they paid us back for it. Not giving any more details since that’s probably not allowed. Haha but on Port days they can be off of the ship at the same time and hang out with passengers. 

I also have a friend that met her husband on a ship yeaaaaars ago! He was a magician on a ship and she was a passenger and they hooked up on the ship, remained in contact and later married. 

Magicians aren't crew.  

Just now, Elaine5715 said:

Magicians aren't crew.  

True, anyone in management or entertainment are able to hang out in the passenger area vs. lower than that have their specific crew areas. But the crew can absolutely hang out with a passenger off the ship while at port. Carnival wouldn’t have a clue. 

3 minutes ago, gopackgo21 said:

True, anyone in management or entertainment are able to hang out in the passenger area vs. lower than that have their specific crew areas. But the crew can absolutely hang out with a passenger off the ship while at port. Carnival wouldn’t have a clue. 

That takes a certain kind of crew with a predatory nature to do that since crew tend to hang together onshore but I can see someone with an agenda preying on a lonely guest.     

Update at the 5:35 mark.  It turns out that he was on probation (for another 5 years or so), didn’t get permission to go on the cruise from his probation officer and owed money to the court.  Law enforcement is skeptical that we went overboard but there’s no evidence that he planned a great escape and it’s possible that he went overboard without it surveilled.  

You’re welcome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1