Ephesus evening

margbem

We are boarding the Encore on the 17th of this month and hopefully (weather permitting!) we will be going to the evening concert at Ephesus.

What sort of time do we get back to the ship and what happens about eating? We set off to Ephesus at 6pm so no time to eat before we go!

Thanks very much!

Went on this trip last October but struggling to remember the timings. We had something to eat in the Colonnade before we left which must have opened early to accommodate those going on the trip. Sure we were back at around 9.30.

Excellent trip and wine and nibbles were on offer. We were told we would receive an individual photo of our visit but despite photos being taken, no photos received. 

40 minutes ago, Dunnedg said:

Went on this trip last October but struggling to remember the timings. We had something to eat in the Colonnade before we left which must have opened early to accommodate those going on the trip. Sure we were back at around 9.30.

Excellent trip and wine and nibbles were on offer. We were told we would receive an individual photo of our visit but despite photos being taken, no photos received. 

Thank you!

On the Encore at the moment. The Colonnade opened at 5pm for a pre-Ephesus evening buffet (very busy!). We’d just finished eating there at 5.45pm when Ross came on the tannoy to say the trip was cancelled due to a sudden rainstorm water logging the site. Very disappointing! Can’t be helped but everyone was a bit glum, particularly as our first port stop at Serifos the day before was also cancelled due to high winds and substituted with a sea day 😞 . At least we could take an evening stroll round Kusadasi instead and there were indeed snacks laid on later by the pool at the Patio Grill.  Hope you have better luck, we were really looking forward to it. 

This was a not to be missed evening. The ship opened the dining rooms early so people could have meal before leaving the ship. The evening was stunning. There are some small nibbles at the tables and free flowing wine. They  did take photos  which were delivered to our suite. When we returned there was a party our by the pool and there was plenty of food and drinks. Perfection! Loved the night!

11 hours ago, Ovener said:

On the Encore at the moment. The Colonnade opened at 5pm for a pre-Ephesus evening buffet (very busy!). We’d just finished eating there at 5.45pm when Ross came on the tannoy to say the trip was cancelled due to a sudden rainstorm water logging the site. Very disappointing! Can’t be helped but everyone was a bit glum, particularly as our first port stop at Serifos the day before was also cancelled due to high winds and substituted with a sea day 😞 . At least we could take an evening stroll round Kusadasi instead and there were indeed snacks laid on later by the pool at the Patio Grill.  Hope you have better luck, we were really looking forward to it. 

Many years ago we were also disappointed a my wife was in a wheelchair at the final moment having fractured her knee shortly before boarding, and there was  no way she could climb the stairs on the coaches.. Not SB fault as her temporary disability was very last minute.

After the coaches had left, we seemed to be the only passengers onboard, only place to eat was the colonnade (empty) and most bars were closed or empty. No atmosphere at all! So we ventured ashore with wheelchair and had a most enjoyable dinner in a local fish restaurant overlooking the sea under the stars. We still talk about that night.

Every cloud has a silver Ior seabourn)  lining.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, suni said:

When we returned there was a party our by the pool and there was plenty of food and drinks. Perfection! Loved the night!

The return to the ship was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had. The enthusiasm and joy of the crew as they welcomed us back onboard was amazing. I mean, the concert was pretty great...see photo below...but the return was special.

PXL_20220810_180607020.thumb.jpg.bd0a0e7926bbb650eec248b777e1f9b6.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markandjie said:

The return to the ship was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had. The enthusiasm and joy of the crew as they welcomed us back onboard was amazing. I mean, the concert was pretty great...see photo below...but the return was special.

PXL_20220810_180607020.thumb.jpg.bd0a0e7926bbb650eec248b777e1f9b6.jpg

Your photo seems to show people sitting in the amphitheater, watching a pianist and singer. Videos I’ve seen of this event show people at tables and and orchestra playing classical music.  Which is correct?

55 minutes ago, kahuna21 said:

Your photo seems to show people sitting in the amphitheater, watching a pianist and singer. Videos I’ve seen of this event show people at tables and and orchestra playing classical music.  Which is correct?

We had a guest onboard, Jonathan Antoine, and I think because of that they arranged to actually have the concert in the amphitheater. They told us this was a rare honor but to be honest I figured they told all the cruises that... 🤷

The other venue is at the Library of Celsus; much smaller and used for smaller groups, although in this case it probably was because of needing space for a grand piano.  I have done both, and the Library is more intimate and to me more beautiful, with the lovely background.  It is normally a string quartet playing.