Old Cruiser, New Cruise

blacklab16

1 hour ago, Szt said:

Our last cruise on NCL we met a crew member who was absolutely fantastic. She was part of the cruise director team. She gave a wonderful class on Greek history. She gave me personal attention when I asked some specific questions about the art gallery and other areas of the cruise- even calling me in our stateroom to give me answers she had to research. When I went to fill out a crew hero form for her I was told they didn’t have any more forms. No one seemed to know how I could thank her after the cruise. It was quite frustrating. 

This is a HAL board, so probably the majority of us know nothing about NCL.  Do they not have an app to be used on board?  How do you schedule your specialty dining, see the menus for the various dining venues, communicate with other passengers and, yes, let the powers that be know if you had a GREAT experience with a staffer -- or had a problem? IMO the most USEFUL feature of our Navigator app is the ability to message back and forth with your friends.

It's educational and interesting to hear how other lines operate so glad you're here and looking forward to your reply.

Sorry, this topic was originally posted on a general board. I’m still fairly new to this board and didn’t realize it had been

moved. As of last Oct, NCL did not have the same kind of onboard app that Princess does, with their medallion. I think they had something but it didn’t allow us to find each other on board. I am not sure what it did as we didn’t use it much. But I know we were wishing they had an app like that. 
I have sailed other lines in the 90’s. But then not again until 2015. Since then only NCL and Princess. So I don’t know what other have post ice age. (Family joke- anything pre cell phones is the ice age). 

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

There is now also a post-cruise questionaire via email. But it must be filled out quite quickly so if you are travelling after cruising, it could get lost.

Not only were we traveling post cruise we had Covid. So it was a while before we thought to check. Honestly, by then I had forgotten her name.