Only one beverage package per person? Minor complaint/question

skittl1321

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I'll save you some time. That'll almost certainly be a "no".

With NCL having standard "soda",  "premium", and "premium plus" packages that overlap, I can understand why the reps and app are stating that you can only have one. I would imagine that you can purchase both on the ship but it could also be a system conflict to have the 2 that you want.

Good luck and let us know what happens onboard.

(You might want to ask a mod to delete the screenshot if you're concerned about personal info)

Yeah, I haven't asked previously because I assumed the chance of getting free soda package was 0, or they'd offer it.  There are plenty of non drinkers out there, so they could...  it's clear they have chosen not to.  I could just get the FAS package and have some mocktails, but it isn't something I want to spend on.  

Thanks for the call out about my name. Didn't see that. Oops. But I've had this ID on the Internet for like 20+ years, so it's not really anonymous anyway.  I've posted my photo to cruise critic too many times to be anonymous.

• Like 1

Have you tried keeping the FAS and adding the Starbucks package? The difference between the FAS gratuities and the soda package plus gratuities is only like $9 pppd. Is the 2nd person in your party not interested in the mocktails or other drinks either? 

Also, the Starbucks on board has a very limited menu so going a la carte may work to your advantage anyway. 

48 minutes ago, carohs said:

Have you tried keeping the FAS and adding the Starbucks package? The difference between the FAS gratuities and the soda package plus gratuities is only like $9 pppd. Is the 2nd person in your party not interested in the mocktails or other drinks either? 

Also, the Starbucks on board has a very limited menu so going a la carte may work to your advantage anyway. 

There isn't a second person.  Good to know Starbucks is limited. I'm pretty simple though.

I think I'll just stick to sodas.  On cruises that let you carry a 12 pack on, I usually manage to leave with a $0 bill, so an extra $9 a day is a lot on an already very expensive trip. Solo supplement makes the cost a lot bigger than normal. A balcony is more important to me than extra drinks.  I can bring some instant coffee if the included coffee isn't good enough 

10 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

This would be my suggestion.  Buy the soda package.  Load up your Starbucks app, use it onboard to buy your drinks and get the 'Stars' so when you get home, you will have a couple of free drinks waiting. And if you use up the funds on the app, you can download more while in port. 

This works great plus it allows other items to be purchased if desired such as the baked goodies. The beverage package doesn't cover these items.